|By PR Newswire||
|November 7, 2012 06:13 AM EST||
VIENNA, November 7, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
- Congress showed latest developments - ASFINAG wins for work on cooperative systems
Over 300 exhibitors contributed to this year's meeting of ITS (Intelligent Transport Systems) experts from all over the world in Vienna. In the course of the congress the Austrian motorway company ASFINAG was awarded with the "iMobility Award 2012" for the research in the field of cooperative ITS and co-modal transport services. Bernd Datler, representing ASFINAG at the congress, stated that "this is a great honour and only possible due to the good cooperation among all partners."
The "iMobility Awards" prove to be an invaluable opportunity to highlight the success of the most ambitious and innovative deployments and developments in the field of "iMobility". Neelie Kroes, Vice-President of the European Commission responsible for the Digital Agenda, welcomed the attendees of the ITS Congress by pointing out the importance of "recognising and promoting ambitious deployments which pave the way to safe, smart and clean road mobility."
A key component in the recognition of ASFINAG's work on cooperative and co-modal systems was setting up a dedicated team of experts specialised in bridging the gap between research, development and full-scale deployment. Mr. Datler said that it would be essential for other countries "to encourage parties to start projects like these with some sort of public co-funding."
The iMobility initiative brings together the European Commission, public authorities, industry and other stakeholders in a drive to accelerate the development, deployment and use of intelligent vehicle safety systems, so called eSafety systems, and thus contribute to the European Commission's ambitious goal of halving the number of fatalities on Europe Roads in the next years.
AUTOBAHNEN- UND SCHNELLSTRASSEN-
Pressesprecherin für Wien, NÖ, Bgld
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks