|By PR Newswire||
|November 7, 2012 01:43 AM EST||
WASHINGTON, Nov. 7, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- An unprecedented investment in negative campaigning paid off for Barack Obama, said former presidential candidate Gary Bauer, "which I predict will tarnish his place in history and lead to further alienation and cynicism."
"In 2012, hope and change gave way to fear and smear. With no record of success and no plans to change course, the Obama reelection campaign had no choice but to attack Mitt Romney. The combined impact of Obama's unprecedented negative campaign and the major media's collusion proved fatal to Mitt Romney's bid and America's hope for a faster recovery," said Bauer, chairman of Campaign for Working Families.
"Thankfully, the House of Representatives remains a conservative firewall against the worst of President Obama's left-wing agenda," Bauer noted. "And two years from now, Barack Obama's agenda will once again be on the ballot. I have no doubt it will be just as unpopular in 2014 as it was in 2010."
Bauer continued, "In spite of tonight's setback, I remain confident that the pro-family, pro-life movement will regroup and emerge stronger than ever. Values Voters will continue to fight the good fight for faith, family and freedom."
Through his various political organizations, Bauer made significant investments in key races and targeted media in Indiana, Iowa, Maine, Missouri, North Carolina, Ohio and Wisconsin, rallying Values Voters, as well as mobilizing his nationwide network of conservative activists.
Recently, the Guardian called Bauer "one of the leading campaigners in the U.S. on pro-life and pro-traditional family issues." Well-known for creating effective campaigns in key states, he has run ads this cycle exposing the Democrats' radicalism on marriage and highlighting their hostility to religious liberty, including the shockingly negative reaction of Democratic National Committee delegates to the inclusion of God in their party platform. Bauer's ads also highlighted out-of-control spending, the sanctity of life and national security concerns.
SOURCE Campaign for Working Families
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher