|By PR Newswire||
|November 6, 2012 11:53 PM EST||
WASHINGTON, Nov. 6, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The Society of Chemical Manufacturers and Affiliates, a trade association representing more than 200 specialty chemical makers and industry providers, tonight congratulates President Barack Obama on his re-election.
"After a highly contested election, we are hopeful that both parties can set aside the bitterness of the campaign and address the needs of the nation," said SOCMA President & CEO Lawrence D. Sloan. "We look forward to working with the Obama administration and the 113th Congress to find common ground on advancing our industry's priorities forward."
With the election now over, Congress needs to turn its attention to a number of immediate issues in the remaining months of 2012. Among those priorities is the Miscellaneous Tariff Bill, which needs to be approved without delay. Chemical manufacturers leverage duty suspensions to innovate and compete in the global marketplace.
"Action on this bill must be done in the lame duck session this year," Sloan said. "Failing to do so would create economic uncertainty, especially among small and mid-sized specialty manufacturers who incorporate these duty suspensions into their budgets."
"To help ensure the needs of specialty manufacturers are well-known to the new Congress, SOCMA will be launching its "First 100 Days" initiative in January," said Bill Allmond, SOCMA's Vice President of Government and Public Relations. "This effort will include meetings between industry leaders and SOCMA staff with a targeted list of Congressional members and committees who play a role overseeing our industry's priorities, such as policies that help our members remain competitive and expand their markets."
SOCMA is the only U.S.-based trade association dedicated to the batch, custom and specialty chemical industry. Since 1921, we have represented a diverse membership of chemical companies, making us the leading authority on this sector.
SOURCE Society of Chemical Manufacturers and Affiliates
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks