|By PR Newswire||
|November 6, 2012 06:59 PM EST||
REDDING, Calif., Nov. 6, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Creating a new dietary supplement might seem challenging in an industry flooded with products and the possibility of being duplicated by multi-billion dollar companies. But that isn't stopping Dr. Stan and Tim Linnet of Linnet Biopharmaceuticals Inc.
The entrepreneur duo are out to change the way America consumes caffeine with Rutaesomn (root-uh-som), a dietary supplement that speeds up the body's natural process for breaking down caffeine for a better sleep.
"I love coffee - Harvard found that it may reduce type 2 diabetes, gallstones, liver cancer, and lethal prostate cancer," said Tim the 6'6" pharmacist while surrounded by coffee stained mugs.
Dr. Stan came up with the idea after years of encountering patients looking for solutions to their sleep problems unwilling to give up caffeine. "What most people don't know is that 1 cup of coffee or 100mg of caffeine stays in your system for 10-15 hours. Those who consume any amount of caffeine are at risk of a sleepless night," Says Dr. Stan.
The Linnets have an advantage that might help break into the multi-billion dollar sleep aid industry: they are the first to bring something like this to market.
There are over 55 million people in the US that have trouble sleeping and consume caffeine. There are millions more that cut back or completely remove caffeine from their diet in fear of staying up at night. Will this de-caffeinating pill save the day and kick the caffeine out?
While Tim was finishing his doctor of pharmacy degree in 2010, he worked on the business strategy and lab research with the help of faculty member, Dr. William Chan, of the University of the Pacific in Stockton, CA. Dr. Chan has an extensive background in studying the CYP enzymes that Rutaesomn's active ingredient, rutaecarpine, induces to metabolize caffeine at an astonishing rate.
After years of research in the lab, it was time to let the world know. Linnet Biopharmaceuticals has exceeded expectations by building a national distribution channel and launching in West Coast Safeway pharmacies. Rutaesomn has also landed on Vitaminshoppe.com, LuckyVitamin.com, and Drugstore.com.
Rutaesomn is a dietary supplement - These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Rutaesomn is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
SOURCE Linnet Biopharmaceuticals Inc.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks