|By Marketwired .||
|November 6, 2012 06:49 PM EST||
MAHWAH, NJ -- (Marketwire) -- 11/06/12 -- When Vittorio Necchi (pronounced NECK-ee) founded his sewing machine company in the early 1920s, there were no sewing machines being manufactured in Italy. His first machine wasn't a huge seller. But within a few years, Necchi® models weren't just popular in his home country, they were being exported to the rest of Europe and the United States. Throughout the 20th century, Necchi® continued to innovate with machines like the boldly futuristic Logica and the elegant Mirella, which is part of the permanent collection at the Museum of Modern Art in New York City.
Until the 1970s, Necchi® was a widely recognized brand in America. But changes in the global marketplace caused the company to gradually restrict manufacturing for the U.S. market.
Today, Necchi® is once again being sold in American sewing stores, continuing Vittorio's tradition of excellent quality and innovative design. Customers can choose from a complete line of new machines, including portables, computerized models, embroidery, and even a serger. The brand still has the innovative design, sturdy construction, and excellent stitch quality that made it a favorite 40 years ago. Below are several of the company's new machines.
For quilters, the iconic Italian brand is offering a generous 9" x 5" of quilting space on the Necchi® QS60 quilting and sewing machine. With a top speed of 1,000 stitches per minute (spm), the computerized machine operates with precision and power.
For the quilter who wants a reliable lightweight to take to class, Necchi® is offering the 3/4 size TM8.
The Necchi® EC100 is a high quality, embroidery-only machine that can stitch out designs up to 5" x 5" square. The machine has basic on-screen editing for copying and placing designs. And for advanced editing, it comes with the powerful Artistic® Suite V6 software.
Necchi®'s serger is the S34, with 3 and 4 thread overlocking and speeds up to 1,300 spm.
Sewists the world over love Necchi® machines for their reliable performance and excellent value. Customers can find Necchi® Sewing Machines at independent sewing dealers across the U.S. with new dealers are being added each week. Find the store locator on www.Necchi-USA.com.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks