|By PR Newswire||
|November 6, 2012 06:49 PM EST||
BARUERI, Brazil, Nov. 6, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The total market in AES Eletropaulo's (BM&FBOVESPA: ELPL3; ELPL4) concession area shrank by 0.4% in 3Q12X3Q11, totaling 11,357GWh. The total market was affected by a slowdown in industrial activity in Brazil, the lower number of billing days and the migration of one client to the basic grid. Without these effects, the total market would have grown by 0.7%.
As a result of the 2011/2012 Action Plan, SAIDI and SAIFI fell significantly by 12.2% and 10.3% respectively in the 12-month period ending in September 30. Both indicators were below regulatory limit at the close of the quarter.
AES Eletropaulo's CAPEX totaled R$224.9 million in 3Q12, up 9.8% year-over-year, reflecting the Company's ongoing effort to improve its operational indicators and, consequently, provide top-quality services for its clients.
The Company has been seeking to bring its manageable expenses to the new levels established by the regulator and has taken some measures that will lead to an increase in PMSO expenses in the third quarter, which will eventually have a positive impact on Company's future results. These measures are (i) staff restructuring and a retirement incentive plan, which were responsible for a reduction of 4.5% in the number of staff in comparison to 2Q12 and; (ii) renovation works in operational bases and relocation to the new corporate headquarters will make it possible to sell real estate, with an estimated value of R$239 million by late 2013. In addition, the initiatives of the "Criando Valor" (Creating Value) program will have a positive impact of approximately R$100 million on EBITDA in 2013, when compared with the inflation-corrected PMSO numbers for 2012.
The Company had its 15th issue of debentures, worth R$750 million, in October 2012. The proceeds are going to be used to redeem in advance the 10th and the 12th issuance and the Citibank Bank Credit Notes.
Conference Call / Webcast
Britaldo Soares – Chief Executive Officer
Rinaldo Pecchio – CFO and Investor Relations Officer
DATE: Wednesday, November 7th, 2012
TIME: 14:30(BR)/11:30 a.m.(EST)
- Brazil: (+55 11)4688-6361
- USA: (1-888)700-0802
- Other countries: (1 786)924-6977
SIMULTANEOUS INTERPRETATION INTO ENGLISH
CONFERENCE CODE: AES Eletropaulo
REPLAY: (+55 11) 4688-6312
AVAILABLE FROM: 11.07.12 to 11.13.12
Presentation slides will be available on the website www.aeseletropaulo.com.br/ri
The conference call will be broadcasted live on the same website, remaining available after the event.
SOURCE AES Eletropaulo
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks