|By PR Newswire||
|November 6, 2012 02:32 PM EST||
WORCESTER, Mass., Nov. 6, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Kirk A. Davis, Owner and President of Holden Landmark Corp., a Central Massachusetts based publishing company announced today the appointment of Kathleen M. Real to the position of Publisher, Worcester Magazine, effective immediately. In this role, Real will oversee all facets of the publication including editorial, sales, circulation, production and administration, ensuring smooth interaction and maximum efficiencies.
Having spent her entire career in the industry, including 21 years at Worcester Magazine where she worked her way from sales representative to associate publisher from 1988 to 2009, Real is intimately familiar with the dynamics of the publishing business. According to Davis, "We are thrilled to have Kathy return to Worcester Magazine. Her superb work ethic, uncanny people skills, strong operational competencies and leadership abilities will be an asset to our publication." Real will capitalize on her expertise to ensure the highest levels of quality coverage and in-depth reporting on news, entertainment, art, dining, nightlife and other topics relevant to the readership.
Most recently in charge of new business development at the Worcester Telegram & Gazette, and a long time, local community stalwart, Real has a unique understanding of what drives individuals to a magazine. Staying connected and keeping their finger on the pulse of hot button issues, stories, trends and happenings that impact various constituencies will be of utmost importance as Real strives to "captivate, provoke, entertain and prompt further discussion amongst readers." She adds, "I look forward to working with an extremely talented group of people whose creativity, energy and commitment are second to none. We will work together to build on Worcester Magazine's long-standing reputation while we explore and implement initiatives that will innovate and continue to differentiate us moving forward."
About Worcester Magazine: Founded in 1976, Worcester Mag is a three-time winner of the New England Newspaper & Press Association's "Newspaper of the Year Award," along with multiple editorial, photography and design awards. With a distribution of 30,000 copies through more than 400 locations, and a readership of more than 87,000 in Worcester and Middlesex Counties, Worcester Mag is the leading alternative weekly newspaper in Central Massachusetts. An on-line edition of the magazine can be found at www.worcestermag.com.
Media Contact: Vivian H. Brooks
Worcester Magazine Publisher Information:
Moving forward, Kathy Real can be reached at: email@example.com
SOURCE Worcester Magazine
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks
- MAX 2006: Tracks Announced
- BT's "Fixed-Mobile" Phone Gives Callers the Best of Both Worlds
- MetaSolv to Host Provisioning Symposium in London