|By Business Wire||
|November 6, 2012 01:30 PM EST||
Sprint (NYSE: S) recently announced the 2012 recipients of its Atlanta Local Giving Program. In total, three area non-profit organizations were awarded grants as part of this signature community-support program. The Atlanta Local Giving Program awards Sprint Foundation grants totaling $50,000 to area non-profits that support Sprint’s philanthropic focus areas of youth development (including mentoring, leadership and academic achievement), arts and culture, and environmental stewardship. Grants were presented and recipient organizations were honored at a local reception last night.
Sprint presents $25,000 Sprint Foundation grant to Girl Scouts of Greater Atlanta (left to right: Marilyn Midyette, CEO of Girl Scouts of Greater Atlanta; Susan Butler Allison, director of Foundation and Corporate Grants for Girl Scouts of Greater Atlanta; Michelle Chisholm, Sprint) (Photo: Sprint)
The 2012 grant recipients are as follows:
- Girl Scouts of Greater Atlanta was awarded a $25,000 Sprint Foundation grant for its Leadership Experience Outreach Program. This funding will help underwrite the costs of participation for 5,000 girls from low-income households to participate in Girl Scouting. These girls will work toward proficiency badges in areas such as financial literacy, STEM educational initiatives and career exploration.
- The Atlanta Botanical Garden was awarded a $15,000 Sprint Foundation grant for its Education and the Environment Program. This funding will be used to engage 14,000 students from the Atlanta Public School system in a variety of educational programs, including after-school activities, classroom-garden taste tests, field trips, a science-outreach program, and a student wellness-ambassador program.
- Horizon Theatre Company was awarded a $10,000 Sprint Foundation grant for its Education Outreach Program. Each year, this program enables more than 6,500 people of all ages to attend or participate in productions, readings and workshops through a Family Series, Young Playwrights Festival, Apprentice Company and Intern Company.
Sprint is a long-time supporter of the Atlanta community, and this is the fourth year Sprint has conducted the Atlanta Local Giving Program. In total, through this and similar programs, Sprint has provided more than $220,000 in support to Atlanta-area non-profits, including Big Brothers Big Sisters of Metro Atlanta and GivingPoint Inc. To learn more about either program, please visit www.sprint.com/localgiving.
About Sprint Nextel
Sprint Nextel offers a comprehensive range of wireless and wireline communications services bringing the freedom of mobility to consumers, businesses and government users. Sprint Nextel served nearly 56 million customers at the end of the third quarter of 2012 and is widely recognized for developing, engineering and deploying innovative technologies, including the first wireless 4G service from a national carrier in the United States; offering industry-leading mobile data services, leading prepaid brands including Virgin Mobile USA, Boost Mobile, and Assurance Wireless; instant national and international push-to-talk capabilities; and a global Tier 1 Internet backbone. The American Customer Satisfaction Index rated Sprint No. 1 among all national carriers in customer satisfaction and most improved, across all 47 industries, during the last four years. Newsweek ranked Sprint No. 3 in both its 2011 and 2012 Green Rankings, listing it as one of the nation’s greenest companies, the highest of any telecommunications company. You can learn more and visit Sprint at www.sprint.com or www.facebook.com/sprint and www.twitter.com/sprint.
Photos/Multimedia Gallery Available: http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/mmg.cgi?eid=50468040&lang=en
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher