|By Marketwired .||
|November 6, 2012 01:24 PM EST||
BELLEVUE, WA -- (Marketwire) -- 11/06/12 -- The Technology Business Management Council (TBM Council), a non-profit group of Fortune 500 leaders dedicated to helping CIOs run IT as a business, will convene for its 12th CIO Summit on Thurs., Nov. 8 at 8:00 a.m. PST. The three-hour virtual event features speakers from American Express, Bank of America, Con-way, GroupM and the State of Washington, who will discuss how to drive transparency with business partners, reduce costs without sacrificing service levels, and increase change-the-business spending through TBM practices. The CIO Summit is the only CIO-led forum focused on how to run IT as a business, and will be broadcast live from twelve Cisco TelePresence locations on two continents.
For the first time, attendees will learn how their organizations compare against the TBM Index, the leading benchmark for technology business models, business disciplines, decision-making capabilities and culture for optimizing business technology investments. The CIO Summit presenters will also share their TBM roadmaps for improving maturity and business value, including case studies on a variety of themes relating to IT transparency, infrastructure optimization, and budgeting and planning.
- Building the Bridge Between IT and the Lines of Business to Enable the Next Level of Innovation
Joe Peterson, CFO of Global IT | American Express
- Leading Governance Through Transparency to Align IT Investments with Agency Priorities
Bharat Shyam, CIO | State of Washington
- Empowering Technology Product Managers to Optimize the Performance of Their Portfolios
David Reilly, Managing Director, Technology Infrastructure | Bank of America
- Starting with Demand-Based Planning to Improve Service Delivery Across a Diverse Global Enterprise
John Donnarumma, Worldwide CIO | GroupM
- Employing Lean IT, Transparency and Outsourcers to Improve Margins
Chris Levitt, CFO of IT | Con-way
"This has been a monumental year for the TBM Council, with membership surpassing 550 CIOs, CFOs and other business and technology leaders. Our Council brings together some of the world's largest and most innovative organizations who share their own successes, challenges and best practices for managing the business of IT," said Chris Pick, president of the Technology Business Management Council. "The TBM Council's CIO Summit is an invaluable resource for any technology, finance or business executive looking to leverage IT initiatives to foster business innovation."
To register for the upcoming CIO Summit, visit http://tbmcouncil.org/en/cio_summit/default.aspx.
About the Technology Business Management Council
Governed by innovative CXOs from a diverse group of Fortune 500 companies, the Technology Business Management (TBM) Council is a nonprofit business entity focused on the development of a definitive framework for running technology organizations like a business. Our mission is to serve equally our members and our profession by synthesizing TBM best practices into a professional and recognized discipline for technology leaders. By participating in the TBM Council, members learn from their peers how to maximize the business impact of every dollar invested in technology and to become more strategic to the business. The TBM Council is open to any qualified business technology executive. To learn more about the TBM Council, visit: www.tbmcouncil.org.
TBM Council is a trademark of the Technology Business Management Council, Ltd. The TBM Index is a trademark of Apptio, Inc. and used herein by permission. All rights reserved.
Barokas PR for TBM Council
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks