|By Marketwired .||
|November 6, 2012 12:30 PM EST||
LONDON, ENGLAND -- (Marketwire) -- 11/06/12 --
Editors Note: There is a photo associated with this press release.
Asaf Cohen, 30, from Israel was chosen as the lucky winner of a 2-week English plus Diving course at Kaplan's English language school in Cairns for his innovative photo, which impressed the judging panel.
Kaplan launched the photo competition two weeks ago in an attempt to spark the imagination of their Facebook fans by encouraging entrants to come up with the most creative away of displaying the word "Kaplan".
Asaf, who will start his English plus Diving course in January, beat off stiff competition from all over the world. His photo was one of five that received the highest number of votes from Facebook fans. These were presented to the Principal of Cairns College, who selected the overall winner.
Hazel Marie Francis, Kaplan's social media assistant, said: "We were really pleased with the number of entries and the creativity that came with each photo. We wish Asaf the best of luck for his course. We know that the Cairns College has lots of great activities lined up for when he arrives, so he'll definitely have an amazing experience there!"
Students taking Kaplan courses in Cairns are able to learn English and experience tropical weather all year round in a modern city with beautiful parks and lagoon areas where they can relax and take part in water sports.
Kaplan received a lot of interest about the competition, especially through social media, and they saw their number of Facebook fans rise to over 70,000, which is an increase of more than 20,000 in just under four months.
About Kaplan International Colleges
Kaplan International Colleges is part of Kaplan, Inc., an international education services provider offering higher education, professional training, and test preparation. Kaplan is a subsidiary of The Washington Post Company (NYSE:WPO). http://www.kaplaninternational.com.
To view the photo associated with this press release, please visit the following link: http://www.marketwire.com/library/20121106-Asaf1.jpg.
Kaplan International Colleges
+44 20 7045 5126
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher