|By Marketwired .||
|November 6, 2012 11:02 AM EST||
OTTAWA, ONTARIO -- (Marketwire) -- 11/06/12 -- Today, the Honourable Lisa Raitt, Canada's Labour Minister, congratulated Garda Security Screening Inc. and the International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers (IAMAW), Transportation District 140, for successfully negotiating a resolution to their current labour dispute affecting employees at Toronto airports.
"I am very pleased that Garda Security Screening Inc. and the IAMAW have ended their labour dispute by agreeing to send their remaining issues to voluntary binding arbitration," said Minister Raitt. "Cooperative labour-management relations benefit the economic prosperity and, in this case, the security of Canadians."
The IAMAW, Transportation District 140, represents approximately 1 700 employees, providing pre-boarding screening services at Toronto Pearson International Airport, Toronto Buttonville Municipal Airport and Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport. Their previous collective agreement expired on March 31, 2012.
The decision to send issues to voluntary arbitration was reached with assistance from the Labour Program's Federal Mediation and Conciliation Service. The Federal Mediation and Conciliation Service provides dispute resolution and prevention assistance to trade unions and employers under the jurisdiction of the Canada Labour Code.
This news release is available in alternative formats upon request.
Office of Minister Raitt
Media Relations Office
Human Resources and Skills Development Canada
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher