|By PR Newswire||
|November 6, 2012 11:01 AM EST||
WILMINGTON, Mass., Nov. 6, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Heilind Electronics, the largest distributor of interconnect products in North America, is now stocking the Micro-MaTch connector family from TE Connectivity (TE). With contact spacing of .050 (1.27mm), the Micro-MaTch signal-level series of miniature connectors rank among the smallest systems on the market. Available in several types, including board-to-board, wire-to-board and direct board, the Micro-MaTch connector family offers the design engineer a wide range of connector choices.
The Micro-MaTch connector series' contact helps prevent fretting corrosion, the traditional failure mode in tin-plated connections. Relative movements caused by vibrations or thermal expansion between male and female contacts are absorbed by an additional positioning spring in the female part. The high contact force needed for this design helps eliminate the requirement for gold plating, without sacrificing performance. Additionally, the spring system has been engineered to be fully optimized for its basic function. As a result, the relatively high contact force, required for tin-plated contact systems, can be assured under all circumstances.
Additional features of the Micro-MaTch connector family include:
- UL-recognized: File No. E28476, Vol. 23, Section 4
- Wire connectors supplied on-tape and suitable for mass termination of 28 AWG [0.08 mm2 to 0.09 mm2] ribbon cable
- Fully plated contacts: no bare edges and no migration of corrosion products
- Contacts fully protected by polyester housings, except for side-entry female board connector
- Full range of application tooling from hand tool to fully automated equipment.
Micro-MaTch connectors are well suited for any low power, high vibration signal application. For example, in a car, Micro-MaTch connectors can be found inside the stereo, the GPS navigation system, the dashboard, and also connecting LCD interfaces.
Additional applications for the Micro-MaTch connector family include:
- Production equipment
- Robots and motors
- Control cabinets
- Material handling
- Base Stations
- Set Top Boxes
- Audio equipment
- Video game controllers.
Visit Heilind's website for more information about TE's Micro-MaTch connector family.
About Heilind Electronics
Founded in 1974, Heilind Electronics, Inc. (www.heilind.com) is one of the world's leading distributors of connectors, relays, switches, thermal management & circuit protection products, terminal blocks, wire & cable, wiring accessories and insulation & identification products. Heilind has 26 North American sales offices, two automated distribution centers and a highly versatile value-added center. Follow Heilind on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/Heilind and on Twitter at http://twitter.com/Heilind.
Micro-MaTch, TE Connectivity and TE connectivity (logo) are trademarks.
SOURCE Heilind Electronics
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks