|By Business Wire||
|November 6, 2012 11:01 AM EST||
Emo Labs, Inc., the developer of invisible loudspeaker systems, today announced that it has secured $1.05 million in funding from a group of private investors. The company, Emo Labs, Inc., now does business as ClearView™ Audio.
“This new funding will be used towards launching our first consumer electronics product. Our products will be truly unique – clear audio from an invisible speaker that is beautiful and décor-friendly,” said CEO Stefan Bokamper.
Conventional speakers have used the same technology for more than 80 years. Most of these conventional speakers are housed in unattractive “black boxes.” As a result, rooms are visually blocked, cluttered with wires and interior design aesthetics are compromised. ClearView Audio’s cutting edge, patented Edge Motion™ technology uses a very different principle to generate sound. Instead of pushing a traditional cone speaker from behind with a magnet, Edge Motion-driven speakers work with a thin, slightly curved membrane that is actuated along the edge area in a manner that creates an efficient, piston-like motion in front. The resultant speaker is extremely thin - yet produces a rich, full sound across the audio spectrum. The membrane is made from optically clear material that allows for totally new, invisible speaker designs.
ClearView Audio will be announcing the company’s new products at the 2013 International Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, January 8-11, 2013. The company will be exhibiting its new products at Eureka Park, a specialized TechZone exhibition area within The Venetian.
About ClearView Audio
ClearView Audio, headquartered in Waltham, MA, believes that good design, innovative engineering, and advanced digital media technology are key to the enjoyment of audio in the home. ClearView Audio has developed its unique Edge Motion technology that creates high quality audio from an optically clear membrane. ClearView branded décor-friendly audio solutions are designed for consumer and commercial use.
ClearView™, Edge Motion™ and other ClearView Audio marks are registered in the United States and other countries. For more information about ClearView Audio and Edge Motion technology, visit the company’s Web site at www.clearviewaudio.com.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks