|By PR Newswire||
|November 6, 2012 11:00 AM EST||
RBC branches in Canada also accepting public donations to Red Cross Relief Fund
TORONTO, Nov. 6, 2012 /PRNewswire/ - RBC today announced a $250,000 donation to the American Red Cross to support relief and humanitarian efforts for those affected by the catastrophic damage caused by Hurricane Sandy in the United States.
"The scale of this disaster is enormous and its impact has been devastating to millions of people and their communities," said Gordon Nixon, president & CEO of RBC. "We have a long-standing tradition of responding to natural disasters, and in the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy, our thoughts are with all of our employees, clients, families and friends in the affected regions that have been impacted by the devastation of the storm."
The most urgent needs identified by the Red Cross are providing food, water, safe shelter and community services in the states impacted by the storm. RBC has requested that, where appropriate, its donation to the Red Cross be directed to ensuring disaster affected communities have access to clean drinking water.
In Canada, RBC branches are accepting donations to the Red Cross Relief Fund.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher