|By Business Wire||
|November 6, 2012 09:11 AM EST||
VKernel, now part of Dell Software, and the award-winning provider of enterprise-class capacity management and performance monitoring products for virtualized data centers and cloud environments, announced today the availability of VKernel’s highly regarded free tool, vOPS Server Explorer, as a Hyper-V virtual appliance. vOPS Server Explorer assesses virtual machine performance, efficiency and capacity in a easy to download, simple to install virtual appliance.
Previously available for VMware vSphere and Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization environments, this release marks vOPS Server Explorer availability for Hyper-V environments and is designed to meet the growing installed base of Hyper-V customers.
“vOPS Server Explorer complements Microsoft’s System Center with additional functionality such as detecting critical VM configurations, inefficiency and waste to maximize performance and ROI,” says Tommy Patterson, Sr. IT Pro Evangelist – Virtualization & Cloud at Microsoft. “Are you a held hostage in the virtualization hunger games? Now, admins have the analysis and advice at their fingertips that help them become victors instead of victims.”
Virtual environments are dynamic and in constant change, making it challenging for administrators to maintain control over the environments. Establishing just how in control or out of control an environment may be requires a significant amount of manual data mining and calculations. VKernel’s vOPS Server Explorer uses the same analytics and advisory engine from the paid vOPS Server Standard product to provide virtual administrators with a rapid assessment of the state of their environment.
Customers use the product to:
- Identify critical VM configuration errors such as memory limits and old snapshots that will severely affect performance and can be especially hard to track down and solve.
- Recognize performance bottlenecks from high CPU ready, memory swapping, device latency and other causes.
- Detect inefficiency/waste created by VMs with CPU, memory and storage over allocation.
- Find available capacity expressed as the number of VMs that can be deployed without causing performance bottlenecks.
- Pinpoint oversubscription of CPU, memory and storage resources and whether the over-allocation is impacting performance.
- Search for a specific VMs using Google Like search capability.
vOPS Server Explorer for Hyper-V is now available for download from http://www.vkernel.com/download/server-explorer. vOPS Server Explorer installs in minutes as a virtual appliance and provides access to three free utilities: Environment Explorer, SearchMyVM Explorer and vScope Explorer.
About VKernel (now a part of Dell)
Dell Inc. (NASDAQ: DELL) listens to customers and delivers innovative technology and services that give them the power to do more. VKernel, now a part of Dell’s Software Group, is the number one provider of virtualization management products for virtualized data centers and cloud environments. The company’s powerful, easy-to-use and affordable products simplify the complex and critical tasks of planning, monitoring and predicting capacity utilization and bottlenecks. Used by over 50,000 system administrators, the products have proven their ability to maximize capacity utilization, reduce virtualization costs and improve application performance.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks