|By PR Newswire||
|November 6, 2012 08:03 AM EST||
NORTH HILLS, Calif., Nov. 6, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Munchkin, Inc., leading designer and manufacturer of infant and toddler products, today announced its "Help Me Babyproof" Facebook campaign, a month-long contest encouraging fans to share stories and photos to describe why they need help babyproofing, for a chance to win Munchkin's new line of safety accessories. Specially designed to offer simple yet effective childproofing solutions, the new safety items provide parents with the peace of mind in knowing that their child will be protected from potential hazards at home.
"At Munchkin, we know that a parent's instinct is to protect their little one from the moment of birth. We're launching a new line of safety accessories that will help encourage parents to babyproof long before their child's first step," said Steven Dunn, chairman and CEO, Munchkin, Inc. "By planning ahead to install our new safety accessories on cabinets, drawers and doors, parents can be assured that their child is protected prior to the first curious grabs, crawls and steps."
Munchkin's new safety accessories offer contemporary features that are new or improved in the marketplace, such as smooth, no-grip plug covers to prevent a child from tampering while also offering a camouflage look for the home, and drawer and cabinet latches that are more child resistant than other single-latch designs. Many of the new childproofing tools are also customizable, to help conceal potential safety threats specific to a parent's needs.
Joining Munchkin's existing line of safety gates, the new babyproofing accessories feature the following items:
- Childproofing Kit (SRP $11.99): An all-in-one package that includes 25 essentials; 1 XtraGuard™ Dual Purpose Door Stopper, 4 XtraGuard™ Energy Absorbing Corner Cushions, 8 Cabinet & Drawer Latches and 12 opaque Plug Covers
- XtraGuard™ Dual Purpose Door Stopper (SRP $3.49): Cushions against door slams by providing a minimum gap between the door and door frame. Molded in tough, durable TPE, this can also function as a door wedge
- XtraGuard™ 2-Pack Dual Locking Drawer Latches (SPR $3.49): Equipped with a dual locking latch, three customized lock settings (locked on, off, self-latching) for customized use and improved ergonomic design to secure both drawers and cabinets
- XtraGuard™ Dual Locking Angle Latch (SRP $3.49): Secures drawers, cabinets or appliances with three customized lock settings
- XtraGuard™ 2-Pack Dual Locking Multi-Use Latches (SRP $5.99): Flexible strap allows latching around corners to secure cabinets, drawers, appliances, toilet seats and more
- XtraGuard™ Safety Lock Plug Covers (SRP $3.49): Equipped with an integrated locking mechanism, the non-grip design of these covers can be unlocked with an edged-tool, such as a coin
- XtraGuard™ Dual Locking Appliance Latch (SRP $4.49): Secures drawers, cabinets and appliances that require latching from the side, locking-indicator and three custom settings ensure appliance is properly locked
- XtraGuard™ 4-Pack Soft Impact Corner Cushions (SRP $7.99): Secures sharp corners on household furniture to protect from potential falls and bumps, with an internal crumple zone that collapses under impact to absorb energy
- 4-Pack Straight Edge Cushion (SRP $14.99): The sculpted design and tapered edges ensure a secure fit, and provide extra foam protection where impact is most likely to occur on straight edge tables, counters and more
- 4-Pack Corner Cushions (SRP $7.99): A rounded foam corner design provides maximum protection, and combines with Straight Edge Cushions to provide complete edge and corner protection
- Complete Edge and Corner Cushion Kit (SRP $19.99): An all-in-one corner and edge cushion solution that secures both straight and curved tables, counters and more
- 2-Pack Door Knob Covers (SRP $3.49): A turning-point in door security, these covers have a locking geometric shape that wraps around the entire knob with tamper-resistant depressors
- Plug Covers (SRP $3.49): The smooth, non-grip design helps protect young children from potential electric hazards
- Draw & Cabinet Latches (SRP $3.49): Secures both cabinets and drawers, and are equipped with a dual latch that opens only when the user pinches the ergonomic pads together
- Door Cushion (SRP $3.49): Cushions against door slams by providing a minimum gap between the door and door frame
Now until December 5, parents and grandparents are invited to visit the Munchkin Facebook page at www.Facebook.com/Munchkin to participate in the "Help Me Babyproof" social media campaign and learn more about the new line of babyproofing accessories for their homes. Facebook fans can post their childproofing dilemmas via stories, photos, videos and more, and Munchkin will award the full line of safety accessories to the best submissions on a weekly basis.
Munchkin's safety accessories are now available at retailers nationwide. For more information or for a list of retailers near you, please visit www.Munchkin.com.
About Munchkin, Inc.
A privately held, global company headquartered in North Hills, Calif., Munchkin, Inc. creates baby products that excite, delight and make life easier for today's parents. Founded in 1991, Munchkin, Inc. has always placed great emphasis on innovation, redefining what baby products can achieve. As a result, Munchkin has reinvigorated the category with improvements such as a 2-in-1 bottle brush design and White Hot® Technology that lets moms know if the bath water or the car interior is too hot. A strategic partnership with Church & Dwight Co., Inc., the maker of ARM & HAMMER™ baking soda, resulted in a line of diapering products that work with pure, natural baking soda, including the ARM & HAMMER™ Diaper Pail by Munchkin, winner of the American Baby Bests Award. Munchkin, Inc. has won more than 40 industry awards, including multiple wins of the coveted Target® Corporation Partner Award of Excellence, the ASDA stores partnership award, and the Toys "R" Us 2012 Vendor of the Year award. Endorsed and recommended by sleep and safety experts, medical professionals, toy specialists and parents, Munchkin products can be found at retail outlets internationally. For more information, visit www.Munchkin.com.
Facebook.com/Munchkin Twitter.com/Munchkin_Inc Pinterest.com/Munchkin
Contact: Stephanie Proos
SOURCE Munchkin, Inc.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher