|By Business Wire||
|November 6, 2012 08:03 AM EST||
ALEKS Corporation, a leading provider of web-based learning and assessment solutions for mathematics, science, and business courses, today announced that the New Mexico Public Education Department has approved select ALEKS K-12 mathematics courses for inclusion on the state’s 2012 Adopted Math Supplemental List.
The 2012 Adopted Math Supplemental List provides suggested supplemental resources for use in New Mexico’s public schools. The goal of the list is to provide school systems with a variety of learning resources to better meet the needs of a diverse student population. The recommended materials have been thoroughly reviewed to ensure they are of highest quality to benefit students.
With the approval of ALEKS on the 2012 Adopted Math Supplemental List, more schools will be able to implement the program, allowing more students to explore totally individualized learning, continuously optimized by ALEKS’ artificial intelligence and to experience dramatic learning outcomes in mathematics.
“I love using ALEKS with my math students because it allows each student to work on what he or she needs,” said Dolly Feather, a teacher at Dulce Middle School in Dulce. “The students who are below grade level gradually build their knowledge by concentrating on the topics that they are ready to tackle, rather than being frustrated by material that is too hard for them. Higher performing students are challenged by more difficult tasks and often work harder to move to higher levels.”
Using artificial intelligence and adaptive questioning, ALEKS identifies precisely what a student knows and doesn’t know within a course. Through truly individualized instruction on the exact topics the student is most ready to learn, ALEKS targets gaps in knowledge and enables immediate success in learning new material. ALEKS also offers comprehensive coverage of the Common Core State Standards (CCSS) and includes robust progress monitoring for teachers and administrators. ALEKS can be used for a variety of instructional purposes including ESL/ELL, remediation, intervention, gifted, and special education.
The following ALEKS courses have been approved by the New Mexico Public Education Department for supplemental use by schools in the state:
- Mathematics - LV 3 (with QuickTables)
- Mathematics - LV 4 (with QuickTables)
- Mathematics - LV 5 (with QuickTables)
- Mathematics – MS/LV 6
- Middle School Math Course 2
- Middle School Math Course 3
- RtI 6
- RtI 7
- RtI 8
- Algebra 1
- Traditional Algebra 1
- Algebra 1A
- Algebra 1B
- High School Geometry
- Integrated Mathematics I
- Algebra 2
- Algebra 2 with Trigonometry
- Business Math
To view the content covered in the courses listed above, please visit www.aleks.com/k12/course_products. Educators can also explore these courses by signing up for a complimentary trial at www.aleks.com/free_trial/instructor.
About ALEKS Corporation
ALEKS Corporation is a leader in the creation of web-based, artificially intelligent educational software. ALEKS assessment and learning technologies were originally developed by a team of cognitive scientists, mathematicians, and software engineers at the University of California, Irvine, with major funding from the National Science Foundation. ALEKS is founded on groundbreaking research in mathematical cognitive science known as Knowledge Space Theory. Through adaptive questioning, ALEKS accurately assesses a student’s knowledge state, and then delivers targeted instruction on the topics a student is most ready to learn.
ALEKS has been used by millions of students in over 50 different mathematics, science, and business courses at thousands of K-12 schools, colleges, and universities throughout the world. For additional information, visit: www.aleks.com.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks
- MAX 2006: Tracks Announced
- BT's "Fixed-Mobile" Phone Gives Callers the Best of Both Worlds
- MetaSolv to Host Provisioning Symposium in London