|By Marketwire .||
|November 6, 2012 08:00 AM EST||
SAN JOSE, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 11/06/12 -- MontaVista® Software LLC. today announced the launch of its Automotive Technology Platform PoC Program (ATP PoC), a new low cost program designed to enable Tier-1s and OEMs in the Automotive IVI market to rapidly engage in Proof-of-Concept (PoC) or demonstration projects on a limited budget. In conjunction with this new program, MontaVista announced the release of its new Automotive Technology Platform (ATP) 3.0, the first platform declared compliant to the new GENIVI Compliance specification version 3.0 by the GENIVI Alliance.
MontaVista's ATP PoC program bundles an evaluation copy of MV ATP with engineering services and support to enable rapid prototyping at the startup phase of a new project. This allows customers to rapidly create a prototype or demo without having to make a large investment while ensuring the solution solves specific design problems or meets specific performance criteria. The ATP PoC bundle includes MV ATP for a specific hardware reference platform, access to the development tools for a 1-year timeframe, a block of engineering services hours and limited support. With this program, Tier-1s and OEMs are able to prototype their target environment, evaluate new features or do some performance testing and hardware evaluation. Upon successful completion of the PoC, the program can be upgraded to a fully supported MV ATP with professional services to bring the project to production.
With the release of MontaVista Automotive Technology Platform (ATP) 3.0, MontaVista continues to keep pace with the growth and refinement of the GENIVI Compliance specifications as it adds new components and refines definitions of many modules. This new specification shows the ongoing process of delivering significant improvements and updates on a consistent basis by the GENIVI Alliance. Along with the compliance 3.0 update, MontaVista Automotive Technology Platform 3.0 delivers more flexibility and robustness with the enhancements to its virtualization capabilities and userland components.
"With the release of this new PoC program designed around the Automotive Industries requirements and the new release of ATP 3.0, MontaVista continues to lead the way in supporting Tier-1s and OEMs in the development of their Open Source Linux projects. We saw a need in the market place to provide a platform for rapidly testing new concepts and features, or evaluating the performance of new hardware platforms," said Dan Cauchy, Vice President and General Manager, Automotive Business Unit for MontaVista Software and Board Member of GENIVI Alliance. "The MontaVista PoC program lowers the cost of entry and level of complexity in starting a Linux based project and provides an excellent starting point for hardened, production quality IVI projects."
MontaVista ATP enables automotive manufactures and tier-1 suppliers to build powerful in-vehicle-infotainment (IVI) systems while significantly accelerating time-to-market and lowering development costs of innovative new features.
Some of the key components of MontaVista Automotive Technology Platform are:
- Linux-based, GENIVI Compliant platform with fast boot/start up, high performance, power management and security options built in
- MontaVista Linux Containers providing isolated virtualized container environments
- Comprehensive networking and internet support
- Multimedia capabilities for audio and video requirements
- Integration for consumer devices via Bluetooth or APIs
- Vendor specific UI customization
- Fully integrated tool set for application development
General availability of MontaVista ATP 3.0 is expected to begin November 2012.
About MontaVista Software
MontaVista Software, LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of Cavium, Inc. (NASDAQ: CAVM), is a leader in embedded Linux commercialization. For over 10 years, MontaVista has been helping embedded developers get the most out of open source by adding commercial quality, integration, hardware enablement, expert support, and the resources of the MontaVista development community. Because MontaVista customers enjoy faster time to market, more competitive device functionality, and lower total cost, more devices have been deployed with MontaVista than with any other Linux. To learn more, please visit www.mvista.com
Linux is a registered trademark of Linus Torvalds in the United States and other countries. MontaVista is a registered trademark of MontaVista Software, Inc. All other names mentioned are trademarks, registered trademarks or service marks of their respective owners.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks