|By PR Newswire||
|November 6, 2012 07:31 AM EST||
SAN JOSE, Calif., Nov. 6, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Infineta Systems, the first and only provider of WAN optimization solutions for Big Traffic workflows, announced today that the company will offer a free month's usage of its Data Migration Accelerator (DMA) offering to enterprises impacted by Hurricane Sandy. In the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy, enterprises will begin the arduous task of migrating terabytes or petabytes of data to remote locations to protect against any future disruptions, and bring critical operations back online. Enterprises can utilize DMA to migrate critical data 5-10x faster, enabling them to synchronize data stores in remote locations in record time. DMA can help enterprises significantly reduce their risk profile by not only speeding up the initial sync, but by helping to replicate more data, faster, on an ongoing basis.
"This is a tough time for our IT brethren on the East Coast faced with the monumental task of rebuilding their data infrastructures," said Haseeb Budhani, Chief Product Officer for Infineta Systems. "Such major disasters impact the entire country and not just the communities that were in Sandy's path, and we all have to come together and help rebuild. Our contribution is to make inter-data center traffic acceleration available at no cost in the hope that this will help companies impacted by Hurricane Sandy migrate critical data as quickly as possible and get their operations back online, and protect against any future disasters."
Infineta Systems is the first networking company to develop and market WAN optimization systems that accelerate inter-data center WANs running at up to 10 Gbps wire speeds. Infineta's Data Mobility Switch (DMS) is the only WAN optimization system that leverages merchant-silicon to deliver a distributed, high-performance platform with port-to-port latencies averaging well under 100 microseconds. A leading WAN optimization innovator, Infineta understands the complexity of today's applications and the performance required to manage application traffic across the enterprise.
About Infineta Systems
Based in San Jose, California, Infineta Systems is a privately held, leading provider of WAN optimization systems for Big Traffic. The company's patented Velocity Dedupe Engine delivers unprecedented levels of throughput, scalability and bandwidth capacity to support critical machine-scale workflows across the data center interconnect. Its flagship product, the Infineta Data Mobility Switch, accelerates multi-gigabit BCDR (Business Continuity/Disaster Recovery), cross-site virtualization, and Big Data traffic. The company is backed by Rembrandt Venture Partners, Alloy Ventures and North Bridge Venture Partners. For more information visit www.infineta.com.
Infineta, Infineta Systems, Data Mobility Switch, and Velocity Dedupe Engine are trademarks or registered trademarks of Infineta Systems, Inc., in the U.S. All other product and company names herein may be trademarks of their respective owners.
SOURCE Infineta Systems
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks
- MAX 2006: Tracks Announced
- BT's "Fixed-Mobile" Phone Gives Callers the Best of Both Worlds
- MetaSolv to Host Provisioning Symposium in London