|By PR Newswire||
|November 6, 2012 05:30 AM EST||
VIENNA, Nov. 6, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- MOMENTUM 2012 --
- Integration with Documentum Platform allows organizations to use Syncplicity to distribute content from their system-of-record repository
- Enables content to be synced to large groups of users and all mobile devices, inside and outside the firewall, as part of a defined business process
- Announces Syncplicity Mobile 2.0 for users and teams to always have access to the information they require
- Includes Support for Apple iPhone 5
- New Enterprise Sync Features for better management and control
At Momentum, the EMC Information Intelligence Group's EMEA user conference, EMC Corporation (NYSE: EMC) today announced integration of Syncplicity with EMC® Documentum®, including the EMC Documentum Platform and EMC Documentum xCP. The company also announced the availability of Syncplicity Mobile 2.0 for the Apple iOS platform.
Acquired by EMC earlier this year, Syncplicity delivers easy-to-use cloud-based solutions for secure file sync, sharing and collaboration. The solution enables organizations to push content to large pre-defined user groups while giving IT the ability to maintain control and visibility into where content is shared. Because of Syncplicity's enterprise-grade security and controls, it enables organizations to publish content to users inside and outside the firewall, and even inside or outside the company, while maintaining compliance and adhering to company policies.
Syncplicity Integration with Documentum
In integrating Syncplicity with Documentum, organizations can automate the distribution of content from their Documentum repository to users and all of their devices as part of business processes. Common horizontal and industry use cases include: publishing regulated sales and marketing collateral to remote sales teams for offline access in industries such as pharmaceuticals and life sciences; publishing standard operating procedures (SOPs) and controlled content in manufacturing; publishing deal books in financial services, and handling document transmittals in the oil and gas industry. The integration also provides a convenient and secure option for business processes such as submitting content to substantiate a loan, claim or eligibility application, and attach the content directly to a case file stored in the Documentum Platform.
The Syncplicity integration with Documentum xCP enables developers to visually design, customize and deploy applications that automatically or manually distribute content from their Documentum repository via Syncplicity.
Syncplicity Mobile 2.0: Transforming the Way We Work
Syncplicity's Mobile for the Apple iOS platform enables automatic sync of selected files and folders from computers to mobile devices so the most recent version is always available online or offline without requiring users to take any action.
Unlike competitive solutions built to serve consumer requirements, users in Syncplicity are not forced to move or change the way they organize their files and folders to have access to their content on any device. Syncplicity solutions deliver the productivity and ease of use that users appreciate combined with the trust IT teams require, including a rich set of administrative tools, security, compliance and policy controls for enterprises of all sizes.
With Syncplicity Mobile, teams can get accurate information when they need it. Sales teams can have the latest pricing, marketing can have updated collateral, and in highly-regulated scenarios, Standard Operating Procedures and quality documents for facilities and manufacturing teams are current to help ensure compliance. Syncplicity Mobile enables:
- Users to automatically push selected files and folders to mobile devices whenever updates occur to gain offline access to the latest content without having to download it first
- New Mobile Push notification to inform users whenever a new version is available on their device
- Selective sync support for control over which files and folders automatically synchronize
- Mobile favorites put a user's most important files right at their fingertips
- Enhanced IT admin controls sync process to conserve device memory and power, and protect against overusing data plans
The new release for Apple iPad and iPhone devices is immediately available for download in the Apple Store. Support for Android devices will be available soon.
Robert Meltz, Chief Technology Officer, Hearthstone
"Hearthstone is a performance-driven organization and requires flexible, efficient, and agile technologies to dynamically and securely scale the flow of data among our staff and external partners. As the largest investment firm dedicated solely to residential homebuilders, we needed a solution to help transform the way we worked while keeping up with the demands of an increasingly mobile workforce. We have relied on Syncplicity for secure file sync, sharing, and collaboration to ensure our distributed workforce and partners can interact and share content on their device of choice without compromising the security and governance IT requires. We have seen firsthand the benefits of Syncplicity and are excited for the extended support of the new mobile client."
Industry Analyst Quote:
Vanessa Thompson, Research Manager for Enterprise Social Networks and Collaborative Technologies, IDC
"The ability to surface information in real time and in context in a way that enables a broader business system of relationship is critical in today's enterprise environment. Organizations will continue to demand broader and more specific collaboration scenarios that tie together internal and external constituents and extend seamlessly across mobile form factors without compromising IT control and visibility."
EMC Executive Quote:
Jeetu Patel, Syncplicity Vice President and General Manager, Information Intelligence Group, EMC Corporation
"Syncplicity is committed to helping customers transform the way they work. The connector integration with Documentum supports a number of use cases that accelerate productivity, and a new method for getting work done. In the same way, we are excited to deliver Syncplicity Mobile 2.0. No longer does the sales rep worry if she's quoting the right price from her device. And employees in the field or shop floor won't have to spend time worrying if they have the latest version of a design document, contract, or operating procedure. It's what it should be— simple and automatic. Our commitment to innovation embraces the users' demand for ease and productivity and empowers IT to protect the enterprise. We simply do both."
Follow EMC at Momentum:
- Discover all Momentum News
- Visit the EMC Community Network to follow the Momentum conference online
- Follow the @EMC_Momentum account and join the conversation using #mmtm12 on Twitter
- Stay connected with Momentum on Facebook, YouTube, and LinkedIn
- Learn more about Syncplicity
- Watch the video
- Join the Syncplicity communities on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, the EMC Community Network
EMC Corporation is a global leader in enabling businesses and service providers to transform their operations and deliver IT as a service. Fundamental to this transformation is cloud computing. Through innovative products and services, EMC accelerates the journey to cloud computing, helping IT departments to store, manage, protect and analyze their most valuable asset — information — in a more agile, trusted and cost-efficient way. Additional information about EMC can be found at www.EMC.com.
EMC, Documentum, and Syncplicity are registered trademarks or trademarks of EMC Corporation in the United States and other countries. All other trademarks herein are the property of their respective holders.
SOURCE EMC Corporation
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher