|By PR Newswire||
|November 6, 2012 05:30 AM EST||
VIENNA, Nov. 6, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- MOMENTUM 2012 --
- Announces EMC Documentum Platform 7.0
- New xMS technology accelerates deployment from weeks to hours
- Enhances Documentum xPlore for better, faster, integrated search
- Lowers TCO by significantly improving performance and reduces investment required in IT infrastructure
- Further improves security through FIPS 140-2 Level 1 compliance and 128-bit AES encryption
- Available via EMC OnDemand, a hosted deployment model
At Momentum, the EMC Information Intelligence Group's EMEA user conference, EMC Corporation (NYSE: EMC) today announced EMC® Documentum® Platform 7.0, an industry leading enterprise content management platform for creating, managing and deploying business applications and solutions. This new platform delivers breakthrough performance and scalability, while lowering total cost of ownership. Built with the new EMC xCelerated Management System (xMS) technology, the latest release offers advanced capabilities to simplify and accelerate the deployment of Documentum into VMware-based private-cloud environments.
Long regarded for its innovation leadership, the Documentum platform is a secure, trusted repository of record for the unstructured information – documents, images, video, blogs – that runs a business. The Documentum platform helps companies protect valuable information, enable easy to access, share and repurpose information, and demonstrate compliance with regulations and policy. This new version delivers unprecedented value, ease of deployment and security.
In a separate announcement, EMC announced integration of Documentum with EMC Syncplicity, its easy-to-use cloud-based solution for secure file sync, sharing and collaboration.
Documentum Platform 7.0: Agility, Intelligence and Productivity
The foundation for EMC® Documentum® xCP 2.0 (also announced today), Documentum 7 adds to its core strengths with a focus on accelerating time to value for customers and partners, delivering the agility, intelligence and productivity required to transform business.
Documentum 7 delivers agility for today's cloud era. Co-developed with VMware, xMS is a new approach to private cloud deployment that leverages EMC best practices and policy-based repeatability, enabling the provisioning of the Documentum stack in hours instead of weeks. The Documentum Platform is also available via EMC® OnDemand as a private cloud deployment hosted model, fully managed by EMC experts. With OnDemand, customers can be online within hours, and focus their resources on areas other than managing the technology infrastructure required for mission-critical systems.
With EMC Documentum xPlore, Documentum 7 provides integrated search for greater information intelligence. Documentum xPlore is a feature rich search engine that now includes thesaurus support, automated indexing, integrated content analytics and faceted navigation. This provides a significant performance improvement, and quality of search across an organization.
Documentum 7 is packed with features to support productivity for the user and IT, at a lower cost of ownership. Through significant enhancements in session and memory management, under certain scenarios, Documentum 7 can deliver up to 50% lower CPU utilization over the previous version, utilize up to 55% less memory at scale, and can offer an up to 6x improvement in user load – all with up to 3-5x improvement in end-user response time. It enables customers to operate at large scale with less investment in servers, hardware and database administration. As the content footprint in Documentum grows, it becomes progressively less expensive on a volume basis to operate and maintain.
Synonymous with trust, the Documentum platform enables customers to achieve fully integrated security, including object level security, permissions, authentication, authorization and auditing. It delivers strong levels of encryption, including compliance with the FIPS (Federal Information Processing Standard) 140-2 Level 1 standard and 128-bit AES (Advanced Encryption Standard) encryption. Documentum provides capabilities that allow customers to easily incorporate disparate repositories, structured data stores, social and collaboration tools, along with enterprise applications. In addition, the Documentum platform provides integration through standards, including the Content Management Interoperability Service (CMIS).
Rohit Ghai, Vice President, Products, Information Intelligence Group, EMC Corporation
"Global customers have relied on the Documentum brand for more than 20 years. We continue to earn their trust with the most innovative platform and deployment options this industry has seen. With Documentum 7, we deliver the ideal platform for today's cloud-influenced world."
Follow EMC at Momentum:
- Discover all Momentum News
- Visit the EMC Community Network to follow the Momentum conference online
- Follow the @EMC_Momentum account and join the conversation using #mmtm12 on Twitter
- Stay connected with Momentum on Facebook, YouTube, and LinkedIn
- Learn more about EMC Documentum Platform
- Watch the video
- Join the EMC Documentum communities on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, SlideShare, the EMC Community Network
EMC Corporation is a global leader in enabling businesses and service providers to transform their operations and deliver IT as a service. Fundamental to this transformation is cloud computing. Through innovative products and services, EMC accelerates the journey to cloud computing, helping IT departments to store, manage, protect and analyze their most valuable asset — information — in a more agile, trusted and cost-efficient way. Additional information about EMC can be found at www.EMC.com.
EMC, Documentum are registered trademarks or trademarks of EMC Corporation in the United States and other countries. All other trademarks herein are the property of their respective holders.
SOURCE EMC Corporation
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks