|By PR Newswire||
|November 6, 2012 04:20 AM EST||
BERLIN, November 6, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
- Despite a growth in new business, the parameters are eyed with mounting scepticism
- Focus on low-risk asset classes, in regard to both inventory and project developments
- Alternative investment instruments play an increasingly significant role in commercial real estate financing
Sentiment on the market for commercial real estate financing cooled off considerably during the fourth quarter of 2012. On a scale from -15 (credit crunch) to +15 (liquid market), the FAP Barometer currently reads +0.5 (previous quarter: 5.8). So while the financing market is still balanced, the then-as-now unresolved problems triggered by the Euro crisis have caused the financiers' assessments to deteriorate rapidly. Although the polled experts consider credit demand and new lending business to be growing still, they now take a bleaker view of the parameters, causing the market situation as a whole to present a less favourable picture. This is the upshot of the second edition of the "FAP Barometer for Commercial Real Estate Financing" that is compiled by Flatow AdvisoryPartners (FAP) and BulwienGesa. The Barometer is based on a survey among lenders, covering new financiers (insurance companies, loan funds, superannuation schemes) who are looking for commitments on the German real estate financing market along with established players such as banks.
While the overwhelming majority (71 percent) of the respondents rate the financing conditions as unchanged quarter on quarter, about one in four respondents (24.2 percent) diagnosed a restrictive financing situation on the market. Less than five percent feel the market situation is progressive.
The Q4/2012 quarterly report including press release and charts is available as a download at: http://www.fap-finance.com/en/barometer.aspx
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher