|By Business Wire||
|November 6, 2012 03:00 AM EST||
Starwood Hotels & Resorts today launches an engaging and multi-lingual news portal designed to provide international journalists, bloggers and other external audiences with easy access to major Starwood news. This includes corporate and financial announcements, the latest news on the company’s nine unique and compelling lifestyle brands and Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG) offers and promotions. Created to shake up the traditional corporate news page, the new Starwood Media Centre uses innovative design and the latest technology to deliver major news, high-definition video content, high-resolution images and social media channels in an easy-to-use format, specifically targeted to the needs of today’s journalist.
In an effort to reach global media audiences, Starwood Media Centre currently offers content in seven different languages including English, Spanish, French, Italian, German, Arabic and Russian. The site provides direct access to Starwood’s social media channels including Facebook, Twitter and YouTube and offers a RSS feed. In addition to the web portal, Starwood has also launched a Starwood Media Centre mobile application providing access to news, company information and contact details at the touch of a button for journalists on the go.
“With the creation of Starwood Media Centre, we wanted to completely re-invent the way in which we communicate news to our target audience of journalists around the world with a focus on quality content, brand-driven design and advanced technologies,” said Oliver Bonke, Senior Vice President, Sales & Marketing, Starwood Hotels & Resorts, Europe, Africa and Middle East Region (EAME). “As the market leader in digital innovation, we are proud to once again differentiate ourselves in the hospitality industry with the launch of Starwood Media Centre.”
Highlights of Starwood Media Centre include:
- Brand-focused design. Reflecting the distinct look, feel and ethos of each of Starwood’s nine iconic lifestyle brands and SPG, providing a true online branded experience.
- Major news. The most recent press releases and materials featuring major Starwood news, including earnings and corporate announcements, growth strategies, hotel openings and restorations, new brand initiatives, partnerships and updates on SPG.
- Rich media assets. High-resolution hotel and event photography and slick travel-related videos in high-definition. Photo and editorial video content showcases the latest hotel openings, brand initiatives and new Starwood destinations.
- Social media integration. Direct access to Starwood’s social media channels, including a live Twitter feed on the site from @StarwoodBuzz, Starwood’s Twitter handle.
- Mobile application. Providing simple access to the latest news, brand information and contact details whenever and wherever a journalist might need it. The mobile application responds to the needs of today’s global journalists who are interacting with mobile technology on a daily basis.
To experience the new Starwood Media Centre, please visit www.starwoodmediacentre.com.
About Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. is one of the leading hotel and leisure companies in the world with 1,128 properties in nearly 100 countries and 154,000 employees at its owned and managed properties. Starwood is a fully integrated owner, operator and franchisor of hotels, resorts and residences with the following internationally renowned brands: St. Regis®, The Luxury Collection®, W®, Westin®, Le Méridien®, Sheraton®, Four Points® by Sheraton, Aloft®, and ElementSM. The Company boasts one of the industry’s leading loyalty programs, Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG), allowing members to earn and redeem points for room stays, room upgrades and flights, with no blackout dates. Starwood also owns Starwood Vacation Ownership, Inc., a premier provider of world-class vacation experiences through villa-style resorts and privileged access to Starwood brands. For more information, please visit www.starwoodhotels.com.
Photos/Multimedia Gallery Available: http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/mmg.cgi?eid=50457723&lang=en
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks