|By Business Wire||
|November 6, 2012 03:00 AM EST||
Allegro Development Corporation, a leading provider of energy trading and risk management (ETRM) software, announced today that Elektro Energija selected the Allegro 8 platform to manage its power trading operations. Elektro Energija required a fully integrated system to support the company’s growth plan by streamlining and automating business processes, including deal capture, confirmations, scheduling, settlement, accounting, position and risk management.
Elektro Energija is the biggest state-owned Slovenian utility, managing a portfolio of almost 300,000 consumers. Elektro Energija’s wholesale business unit trades electricity in Slovenia, Austria, Germany and some South Eastern Europe countries. Their business of regional power trading requires cross-border movements, including communication with various TSOs and Market Operators.
“Our main objective was to find a system that would support our future development in wholesale trading, automate our business processes, and improve position management and decision making,” said Elektro Energija´s general director, Gregor Božič, MSc. “Allegro 8 offers the strong functional support for position and risk management and enables a firm basis for effective cross-border power trading and efficient communication with national TSOs.”
Elektro Energija has completed the first of three phases of the software implementation and is currently leveraging Allegro’s solution to manage trade entry (tradebook), general agreement management, confirmation creation, price entry and portfolio management & risk management.
Allegro will help Elektro Energija meet their business goals, including:
- Ability to quickly and accurately capture power trades and to manage those trades including complex pricing, confirmations, settlement and invoicing;
- Optimal decision making with Mark-to-Market (MtM), Profit & Loss (P&L), attribution and market exposure reporting;
- Streamlined scheduling activities with customizable reports, support for TSO nomination formats and cross-border trading;
- Ability to mitigate credit risk with collateral management, counterparty exposure monitoring and advanced credit analytics;
- Security and access controls with the ability to set position limits, create role-based user profiling and maintain audit trails; and
- Extensibility to support integration and future software projects.
Allegro is a global leader in energy trading & risk management solutions for power and gas utilities, refiners, producers, traders, and commodity consumers. With more than 28 years of deep industry expertise, Allegro’s enterprise platform drives profitability and efficiency across front, middle, and back offices, while managing the complex logistics associated with physical commodities. Allegro provides customers with agile solutions to manage risk across natural gas, power, coal, crude oil, petroleum products, emissions, and other commodity markets, allowing decision makers to hedge and execute with confidence. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Allegro has offices in Calgary, Houston, London, Singapore, Sydney and Zurich, along with a global network of partners. www.allegrodev.com
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher