|By Marketwired .||
|November 6, 2012 03:00 AM EST||
IRVINE, CA and LONDON -- (Marketwire) -- 11/06/12 -- Solarflare, the leading provider of application-intelligent networking I/O, today announced that Martin Porter, vice president of software engineering, will speak at STAC Summit London on the different requirements trading organizations use for faster sockets applications. In a use-case driven talk, Porter will address the trends he sees and stake out a position on how the industry can best support customer needs.
A Point of View: Sockets Acceleration in 2013
Hyatt Andaz Hotel
Great Eastern Room
40 Liverpool Street
Date and Time:
Wednesday, November 7th, 2012
8:30 AM PT/3:30 PM GMT
Martin Porter, VP of Software Engineering, Solarflare
About Martin Porter
Martin Porter is responsible for all software, firmware and customer support activities at Solarflare. Porter joined Solarflare during its merger with Level 5 Networks where he served as software director for three years. Porter spent the previous five years in the same role at Conexant where he managed the software development group for ADSL silicon, leading to shipments of over 13 million units. Prior to joining Solarflare, Porter's roles include lead software architect of the iconic SADiE Digital Audio Workstation. He holds a first class degree in mathematics from Nottingham University and a master's with distinction from York University.
Solarflare is the leading provider of application-intelligent networking I/O products that bridge the gap between applications and the network, delivering improved performance, increased scalability, and higher return on investment. The company's solutions are widely used in scale-out server environments such as high frequency trading, high performance computing, cloud, virtualization and big data. Solarflare's products are available from leading distributors and value-added resellers, as well as from Dell, IBM, and HP. Solarflare is headquartered in Irvine, California and operates an R&D facility in Cambridge, UK.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher