|By PR Newswire||
|November 6, 2012 02:00 AM EST||
- MetroPCS is first 4G LTE mobile service provider to launch RCS, leverages VoLTE platform
RICHARDSON, Texas, Nov. 6, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Mavenir Systems, a leading innovator of mobile infrastructure solutions for 4G LTE operators, announced today that it provided MetroPCS with its suite of application servers to support the world's first commercial launch of Rich Communication Services (RCS) on a 4G LTE network, based on the GSMA 5.0 standard.
Mavenir's VoLTE solution, launched commercially by MetroPCS earlier this year, is a platform that helps MetroPCS leverage the investment in its 4G LTE network and quickly offer differentiated services and new value to its customers.
Under the GSMA-licensed joyn™ brand, MetroPCS' RCS platform is deployed with Mavenir's IMS core and application servers, and will deliver an experience beyond voice and basic messaging to provide customers with a unified and intuitive way to use enriched services such as group instant messaging or chat, WiFi calling and video over WiFi calling, as well as simplified content sharing. joyn by MetroPCS is currently available on the Samsung Galaxy Attain™ 4G.
"The move to all-IP networks is really a journey for mobile carriers and opens the doors for forward thinking operators such as MetroPCS to move quickly to offer new services," said Pardeep Kohli, president & chief executive officer of Mavenir Systems. "Mavenir is working closely with MetroPCS and other tier 1 operators, to transform their network services and support their vision of delivering value through rich IP-based communication services."
Mavenir's suite of RCS 5.0 application servers, including the Presence Server, Content Server and Rich Messaging Server, are based on the mOne® Convergence Platform which is designed to simplify carriers' network transformations.
About Mavenir Systems:
Mavenir delivers Converged Voice, Video and Messaging solutions, based on the mOne® Convergence Platform, to wireless operators globally. Mavenir's value-added IMS and cloud based solutions enable the transformation of legacy core networks by offering compelling new services such as VoLTE and RCS, and by providing uniquely innovative solutions to address the challenge of migrating subscribers and services to 4G. These solutions are deployed by customers in North American and European markets. www.mavenir.com
US Press Contact:
Samantha Grant/Valerie Christopherson
Global Results Communications (GRC)
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher