|By Business Wire||
|November 6, 2012 12:05 AM EST||
Biomatters today announced it has added the Molecular Profiler application to Illumina’s BaseSpace Apps, Illumina’s dedicated applications store and informatics community dedicated to advancing genomic analysis.
The Molecular Profiler for BaseSpace is a beautifully rendered, remotely managed and securely delivered cloud-based genome browser.
“The release of the Molecular Profiler for BaseSpace is the first taste of our vision to enable polyomic analysis.” says Biomatters’ CEO, Brett Ammundsen. “This incarnation is designed around genomic workflows and analysis.”
CTO Matthew Landry adds, “By using modern web browser technologies, building on scalable cloud infrastructure, and linking to rich ecosystems like BaseSpace, we’re giving investigators the power to remotely access data from anywhere in the world and interact with it using state-of-the-art visualizations.”
The Molecular Profiler is a highly visual, HTML5 web-based genome browser that looks and acts like a native app even though operating on remotely stored data on Illumina’s BaseSpace.
Informatics solutions available through BaseSpace Apps will allow customers to utilize the tools from a growing community of academic, commercial, and open source providers. To demonstrate the utility of this rapidly growing toolset, BaseSpace customers will have free access to all of the BaseSpace Apps until January 1, 2013.
Biomatters develops software that accelerates the creation, publication and application of knowledge from ‘omic research, with a mission to translate genomic data into biological and clinical insights. Their flagship product, Geneious, is a DNA, RNA and protein sequence alignment, assembly and analysis software platform, integrating bioinformatic and molecular biology tools into a simple interface.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher