|By PR Newswire||
|November 6, 2012 12:02 AM EST||
DUMBO, BROOKLYN, N.Y., Nov. 6, 2012 /PRNewswire-iReach/ -- Maker's Row, a DUMBO-based tech company, just launched a groundbreaking way for product-based businesses to find American factories to produce their goods domestically. Their primary mission is to bring outsourced manufacturing back home, and to plant the seeds of the next generation of product-based businesses to be able to easily turn their product ideas into reality. By creating a more modern and inclusive manufacturing community, Maker's Row is aiming to be one of the main driving forces in bringing "Made in America" back.
Searching for factories today in the United States can be daunting for new designers and entrepreneurs. The lack of credible and up-to-date resources that assist in finding or "sourcing" the right manufacturers can be extremely discouraging for those without prior experience. The Maker's Row platform not only allows the manufacturing process to be easily understood, it also connects users directly to appropriate manufacturers. The first industry addressed by the startup is apparel and accessories.
One of the unique features provided by the platform is the categorization system--their "Steps in the Making Process" breaks down the development of how certain goods get manufactured--serving as both a step-by-step guide for newcomers and a specialty filter for the experienced. Another unique feature, Maker's Row videos, give unprecedented access behind the scenes of today's American manufacturing, giving users factory tours and the opportunity to meet the people behind the products.
Maker's Row plans to inspire a new generation of creatives and entrepreneurs to connect with American builders, craftspeople, and manufacturers. As a country, we have experienced the long-term effects of outsourcing. Together, we've seen that low cost labor isn't a sustainable means of production and consumption. Today, we have the opportunity to revive and strengthen the innovation community. Our ideas, inventions, and creations deserve the opportunity to be manufactured in our country. Maker's Row is making strides towards being that conductor of change.
Watch the Maker's Row demo video here: http://youtu.be/gDxKMJvejJI
Media Contact: Matthew Burnett Maker's Row, Inc., 3478609333, email@example.com
News distributed by PR Newswire iReach: https://ireach.prnewswire.com
SOURCE Maker's Row, Inc.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks