|By PR Newswire||
|November 5, 2012 06:59 PM EST||
VANCOUVER, Nov. 5, 2012 /PRNewswire/ - Canyon Copper Corp. ("Canyon" "Company") (TSXV: CNC) (OTCBB: CNYC) announces that at its 2012 Annual General Meeting held on November 5, 2012 (the "AGM"), Canyon's shareholders elected three returning directors, being Benjamin Ainsworth, Bryan Wilson and James Yates, to its Board of Directors. Anthony R. Harvey did not stand for re-election at the AGM. At the AGM, Canyon's shareholders also approved the appointment of Saturna Group Chartered Accountants LLP, as Canyon's independent registered public accounting firm, and ratified, confirmed and approved Canyon's 10% rolling stock option plan in accordance with TSX Venture Exchange requirements.
In addition, Canyon's Board of Directors accepted the resignation of Anthony R. Harvey as Chairman and Chief Executive Officer. To fill the vacancy caused by this resignation, Benjamin Ainsworth was appointed as Chief Executive Officer of Canyon. Canyon would like to offer its thanks to Mr. Harvey for his services as Chairman, Chief Executive Officer and as director of Canyon since 2006.
On behalf of the Board of Directors,
CANYON COPPER CORP.
Benjamin Ainsworth, CEO and President
NEITHER TSX VENTURE EXCHANGE NOR ITS REGULATION SERVICES PROVIDER (AS THAT TERM IS DEFINED IN THE POLICIES OF THE TSX VENTURE EXCHANGE) ACCEPTS RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE ADEQUACY OR ACCURACY OF THIS RELEASE.
SOURCE Canyon Copper Corp.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks