|By Marketwired .||
|November 5, 2012 06:47 PM EST||
MOUNTAIN VIEW, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 11/05/12 -- Today David Murray, star of Bravo's new "Start-Up Silicon Valley" show, launched his GoalSponsors iPhone app to help people achieve their personal health and fitness goals. Today also marks the premier episode of "Start-Up Silicon Valley" on Bravo TV, which tracks David and several other entrepreneurs' pursuit of success in the world of high tech.
How GoalSponsors Works
Looking to lose weight? Quit smoking? Learn a new language? The GoalSponsors app can help. Available as a free download on iTunes, the GoalSponsors app matches people with "sponsors" who help users achieve their personal goals. Users select an expert, such as a personal trainer, or a past achiever, such as a triathlete, who check in daily with users to help keep them on track.
The story behind GoalSponsors is a personal one. Founder David Murray struggled to lose 50 pounds, and learned first-hand that accountability and support were keys to his own success. A former product manager for Google, David understood the power that technology can have to transform lives, so he set his sites on developing GoalSponsors.
"We all have personal goals, large and small, that we want to achieve. Connecting with another person for motivation and encouragement is key to success in any area," says David Murray, Founder of GoalSponsors. "I created GoalSponsors to connect people with sponsors to help them create a plan and keep them on track until they cross the finish line."
GoalSponsors Featured on Tonight's "Start-Up Silicon Valley" on Bravo TV
David Murray is one of six high tech entrepreneurs featured in tonight's series premier of "Start-Up Silicon Valley" on Bravo TV. The show follows David's journey from idea to launch of the GoalSponsors app, showing a real-life account of bootstrapping a mobile app start-up.
GoalSponsors helps people achieve their personal goals by matching them with a sponsor that will check in with them daily. From weight loss to quitting smoking, or even learning a new language, GoalSponsors leverages real human relationships to keep people on track with their most important goals. GoalSponsors was developed using Appcelerator's Titanium platform, and is currently available for iPhone and iPad.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks