|By Business Wire||
|November 5, 2012 06:05 PM EST||
Echostreams Innovative Solutions, LLC. today announced that a single 2RU FlacheSAN2® all-flash shared storage array running Microsoft Server 2012 SMB Direct Protocol can reach 17GB/s Sequential READ, or 869,000 IOPS 4K Random READ with an average latency of 0.88-0.90ms per server over FDR InfiniBand network accessed remotely by three servers. A single 2RU system supporting 48x off-the-shelf 2.5” size 7mm z-height SSD drives and a capacity of up to 24.5TB of raw storage capacity offers the best capacity, performance and value the industry has yet to see. The 56Gbps high-performance low-latency FDR InfiniBand technology with RDMA support integrated into this 2RU system makes it the fastest single storage appliance in the world. It is a perfect solution for Virtualization, Digital Content Streaming, High-Performance-Computing, OLTP Database Server and Cloud I/O-acceleration applications.
“We are excited to have Mellanox® RDMA interconnect solutions integrated into Echostreams’ high-performance FlacheSAN2® storage appliance,” said Motti Beck, Director of Enterprise Market Development at Mellanox®. “For many years InfiniBand has been the high performance interconnect fabric of choice for clustering thousands of servers in High Performance Computing environments, and now has rapidly been adopted by other applications seeking a converged low-latency and high-performance network for compute and storage needs, such as Cloud and Digital Content Streaming. This is a very exciting time.”
“Echostreams is an enabler of high performance storage solutions for OEM/ODM, ISVs and solution providers,” said Gene Lee, President of Echostreams innovative Solutions LLC. “We are dedicated to design and offer to our customers unique purpose-built solution platforms that would solve their specific problems and this FlacheSAN2® product is just one of many to come.”
Echostreams is an innovator of server and storage systems design and technologies, and is focused on whitebox purpose-built building-blocks to enable OEM/ODM solutions. Echostreams’ innovative application-centric solution platforms can be found on www.echostreams.com
Echostreams and FlacheSAN2® are registered trademarks of Echostreams Innovative Solutions, LLC. All other names and trademarks are properties of their respective owners.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks