|By Marketwired .||
|November 5, 2012 05:26 PM EST||
FRANKLIN, TN -- (Marketwire) -- 11/05/12 -- Effective immediately, Naxos of America will begin distribution of Skarbo and the label of the London Sinfonietta in the United States and Canada. Audiophile label, Reference Recordings, will also join the Naxos of America family for distribution in Canada.
One of the world's leading new music ensembles, the London Sinfonietta (http://www.londonsinfonietta.org.uk/) works across a wide range of musical genres, performing modern classics alongside world premieres and regularly collaborating with choreographers, video artists and film-makers. Since its foundation in 1968, the ensemble has commissioned and performed music by both the brightest new names and established composers such as Birtwistle, Knussen, Berio and Ligeti. A distinguished discography includes seminal recordings of many 20th-century classics on the ensemble's own London Sinfonietta label.
Skarbo is a high quality French label that releases original classical music projects, including rarely recorded repertoire from the 18th to 20th century. Collaborating with many internationally renowned artists has brought the label critical acclaim and recognition from various media outlets.
Reference Recordings (http://www.referencerecordings.com/default.asp) was started in 1976 by GRAMMY®-nominated producer Tam Henderson, who continues to guide its artist and repertoire decisions. The label's goal is to make the listeners experience "The Best Seat in the House" while offering recordings from many of the finest classical, jazz and world music artists. All of Reference Recordings' musical offerings are recorded by GRAMMY®-winning chief engineer and Technical Director Prof. Keith O. Johnson. Keith is a true audio legend, having designed and patented many innovative products in both professional and consumer audio fields. Keith uses recording equipment all hand-built or extensively modified by him to recreate the sound of real musicians making music in real space.
Naxos of America: Headquartered in Franklin, Tennessee, a suburb of Nashville, Naxos of America (http://www.facebook.com/NaxosUSA) is the #1 independent classical music distributor in the U.S. and Canada. Specializing in state-of-the-art distribution, marketing and promotion, Naxos of America distributes nearly 35,000 titles on CD, DVD and Blu-ray to traditional brick and mortar retail, as well as offering a comprehensive suite of services tailored to consumer direct fulfillment.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks