|By PR Newswire||
|November 5, 2012 01:29 PM EST||
BEDFORD, Mass., Nov. 5, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Ocular Therapeutix announced today the appointment of internationally acclaimed ophthalmologist, Richard Lindstrom, M.D., to the company's Board of Directors.
Dr. Lindstrom is a board-certified surgeon and recognized leader in ophthalmic pharmaceuticals and cataract, corneal, and refractive surgery. He is the founder and an attending surgeon of Minnesota Eye Consultants, Adjunct Professor Emeritus at the University of Minnesota Department of Ophthalmology, and advisor to numerous ophthalmic companies throughout the world. He holds over 30 patents in ophthalmology, and has been at the forefront of the industry's evolutionary changes throughout his career.
"We are incredibly fortunate to have Dr. Lindstrom join our Board of Directors," stated Amar Sawhney, President and CEO of Ocular Therapeutix, Inc. "As one of the top thought leaders in the industry, Dr. Lindstrom's input and guidance will be invaluable as we advance our sustained release drugs through clinical trials."
Ocular Therapeutix's sustained release drug technology encapsulates proven and approved drugs within the company's proprietary polyethylene glycol (PEG) hydrogel and releases them in a sustained fashion over a predetermined period of time.
"Ocular Therapeutix's sustained release technology is an exciting prospect for the world of ophthalmology," stated Richard Lindstrom, MD. "These drugs have the potential to significantly advance the ophthalmic pharmaceutical industry by eliminating patient compliance issues and putting drug dosing in the hands of the physician."
About Ocular Therapeutix, Inc.:
Founded in November 2006, Ocular Therapeutix, Inc. is a privately held company based in Bedford, MA, focused on the development and commercialization of ophthalmic therapeutic products using its proprietary hydrogel technology. Ocular Therapeutix is focusing on development of drug-eluting intracanalicular plugs for treatment of glaucoma and post-operative pain and inflammation, injectable depots for back-of-the-eye diseases, and an ocular sealant.
SOURCE Ocular Therapeutix, Inc.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks