|By PR Newswire||
|November 5, 2012 11:59 AM EST||
NEW YORK, Nov. 5, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Brides, the #1 bridal brand in the world, today launched its first-ever Brides Live Wedding, an entertainment experience to culminate in a luxurious wedding at the St. Regis Monarch Beach in Dana Point, CA, on April 7, 2013, at 4 p.m. PST, to be followed by an all-expenses-paid honeymoon in the Cayman Islands. The announcement was made jointly by Brides Editor-in-Chief Keija Minor and VP, Publisher Michelle Myers. Brides Live Wedding is being produced in collaboration with Randi Zuckerberg, former Marketing Director of Facebook and current CEO of Zuckerberg Media.
This week, the audition phase opens with a search for deserving couples who can share their stories on Facebook and submit a video. Starting in January, the public will help choose the lucky couple and then each element of their wedding - from the cake to the color scheme - will be decided upon by Facebook "likes," creating an exciting interactive journey with the ultimate payoff: a one-of-a-kind wedding planned by users via Facebook votes, produced by the editors of Brides, and streamed via Livestream around the world. And it's all for a good cause. For every Facebook "like," Brides will donate one dollar to a charity of the couple's choosing.
In addition to wedding decor, flowers, bridal beauty, and first-dance song, four options in the following categories will be posted on Facebook for voting:
- Wedding dresses, bridesmaids' dresses, and bridal shoes from David's Bridal
- Cakes by Buddy "Cake Boss" Valastro
- Complete registry collections from Target
- Bridal hairstyles by TRESemme
- Wedding bands from Simon G. Jewelry
- Tuxedos from Jos. A. Bank
- Veils by Bel Aire Bridal
Brides VP, Publisher Michelle Myers said, "With so many of our valued partners on board, Brides Live Wedding is teed up to be a tremendous success. This will be a modern media event produced to provide a rich, interactive experience."
Brides Editor-in-Chief Keija Minor said, "The Brides Live Wedding is an opportunity to plan a dream wedding for a special couple and to give back along the way. It's going to be an exciting journey for the entire Brides community as we collectively create an extraordinary event."
The Brides Live Wedding will be featured across all Brides platforms, including the magazine, the website, the mobile site, a dedicated Facebook app, Facebook, Pinterest, and Twitter. Consumers will have the opportunity to interact on the platform of their choice and utilize tools to share votes, comments, and preferences among friends and family.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?