|By Greg O'Connor||
|November 12, 2012 05:00 AM EST||
AppZero has announced a free cloud rescue program for companies stranded in Go Daddy's soon-to-be-defunct cloud offering. For each Go Daddy customer, the offer includes free migration of two applications from Go Daddy to any cloud provider.
The cloud rescue program has two components:
Application migration -- AppZero, the fastest and most flexible way to move server applications to and across any clouds, will provide its Zapp application migration solution at no charge for the first two applications.
Cloud destination - current Go Daddy customers will make their own arrangements for cloud instances with the cloud provider of their choice.
This free application migration offer is available to Go Daddy customers through the end of the year. Additional migrations, if any, will be priced on a case-by-case basis.
Commenting on the program, Greg O'Connor, AppZero CEO notes, "The Go Daddy situation is a great example of why there is a real business need to avoid cloud lock-in. AppZero's Zapp application migration software will identify, extract, and migrate server applications from/to any cloud and will do it in minutes. In this case, for each Go Daddy customer, we will do the first two migrations no charge and deliver those applications to any cloud of choice. At the very least, this offer gives Go Daddy cloud customers the breathing room to make strategic decisions."
Go Daddy customers interested in taking AppZero upon this offer can register at: www.appzero.com/content/go-daddy-rescue-program. In return, the company will solicit quote feedback on the speed and ease of AppZero migration.
AppZero is the fastest and most flexible way to move server applications to and across any clouds or datacenter servers, without re-engineering, re-installation, or lock-in. Patent-pending Zapp migration automates the extraction and movement of server-side applications to any cloud or machine in a fraction of the time required by other approaches. AppZero makes complex Windows and Linux server applications moveable with the ease of an enterprise app store. First to market virtualizing server applications, the Andover, MA-based company also offers a Windows desktop version. For more information, visit appzero.com and follow us on twitter @appzero-inc
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks