|By PR Newswire||
|November 5, 2012 09:03 AM EST||
HERNDON, Va., Nov. 5, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Northern Virginia Technology Council (NVTC) today announced that Blackboard Inc. President and CEO Michael Chasen will headline the organization's Titans breakfast event on Nov. 15, 2012, from 7 – 9:15 a.m. at The Ritz Carlton, Tysons Corner in McLean, Va. Chasen will share lessons from starting a company and growing it to $1.7 billion in 15 years, including how he positioned the company for growth through innovations, acquisitions and partnerships.
Chasen, who recently announced he will be stepping down as Blackboard's CEO at the end of the year, has provided the leadership to take Blackboard from a startup company with just one product and a handful of clients to a $1.7 billion company with 1,700 employees, thousands of clients, eight global locations and more than 160 partnerships.
As co-founder and CEO, Chasen oversaw Blackboard's more than 20 acquisitions and worked with Providence Equity Partners to take the company private in 2011. His expertise managing fast-growth Internet software companies coupled with a passion to enhance education through technology has been critical to Blackboard's success.
DATE: Nov. 15, 2012
TIME: 7 – 8 a.m. Registration and networking
8 – 9:15 a.m. Breakfast and program featuring Michael Chasen
LOCATION: The Ritz Carlton, Tysons Corner
1700 Tysons Blvd.
Directions to The Ritz Carlton
REGISTRATION: To register as a member of the press, please contact Jenna Brown at 703-904-7878, ext. 207 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The event is free for press, but advanced registration is required. Press credentials are required for entry.
The Northern Virginia Technology Council (NVTC) is the membership and trade association for the technology community in Northern Virginia. As the largest technology council in the nation, NVTC serves about 1,000 companies from all sectors of the technology industry, as well as service providers, universities, foreign embassies, nonprofit organizations and governmental agencies. Through its member companies, NVTC represents about 200,000 employees in the region. NVTC is recognized as the nation's leader in providing its technology community with networking and educational events; specialized services and benefits; public policy advocacy; branding of its region as a major global technology center; initiatives in targeted business sectors and in the international, entrepreneurship, workforce and education arenas; the Equal Footing Foundation, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit charity that serves local area youth; and The Entrepreneur Center @NVTC, which mentors new technology entrepreneurs. Visit NVTC at www.nvtc.org.
SOURCE Northern Virginia Technology Council
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks
- MAX 2006: Tracks Announced
- BT's "Fixed-Mobile" Phone Gives Callers the Best of Both Worlds
- MetaSolv to Host Provisioning Symposium in London