|By Business Wire||
|November 5, 2012 09:02 AM EST||
Océ Business Services, a Canon Group company and a leader in managed business process services, and Dickstein Shapiro LLP, an internationally-recognized law firm, will co-present a CLE-eligible webinar, “Bringing Electronic Discovery In-House as a Managed Service.” The webinar, hosted by the Virtual LegalTech trade show, will take place during the online event on November 8, 2012 from 12:45 – 1:45 PM EDT.
The webinar highlights how the legal industry is experiencing a paradigm shift away from litigants using outsourced electronic discovery (eDiscovery) vendors. Instead, litigants now increasingly rely on in-house resources. However, creating a competent eDiscovery practice is riddled with land mines. To succeed, enterprises need to implement a correct balance of legal advocacy, technology and operational excellence.
Presentation highlights including the following:
- Practical examples from three attorneys who have implemented a “managed services” model for eDiscovery
Ways to manage eDiscovery risk across the enterprise, such as:
- Enhancing security for client data
- Adequately supporting all legal professionals
- Implementing uniform electronic discovery best practices
- Challenges of meeting eDiscovery best practices, especially around evidence data management, chain of custody and quality control
Two cases will be referenced:
- J-M Manufacturing v. McDermott Will, (No. BC462832, Calif. Super., Los Angeles Co.)
- Victor Stanley v. Creative Pipe, (250 F.R.D. 251 (D. Md. 2008))
Webinar presenters include Robert Milburn, Esq., Director of Discovery Solutions,
Océ Business Services; Paul Perdue, Esq., Director of Practice Solutions and E-discovery, Dickstein Shapiro LLP, and Richard P. Perrin, Esq., E-Discovery Counsel,
Dickstein Shapiro LLP.
To register for the webinar, click here.
Virtual LegalTech's fully interactive virtual environment enables show participants to do all the things they would do at a live event: attend presentations and panel discussions, talk with vendors, see product demonstrations, collect information, network with colleagues and get the latest news from the ever-evolving arena of legal technology. The show is open all year around, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Océ is one of the leading providers of document management and printing for professionals. The Océ offering includes office printing and copying systems, high speed digital production printers and wide format printing systems for both technical documentation and color display graphics. Océ is also a foremost supplier of document management outsourcing. Many of the Fortune Global 500 companies and leading commercial printers are Océ customers. The company was founded in 1877. With headquarters in Venlo, The Netherlands, Océ is active in over 100 countries and employs more than 20,000 people worldwide. Océ North America is headquartered in Trumbull, CT, with additional business units in Chicago, IL and Boca Raton, FL. For more information, visit www.oce.com.
Océ Business Services provides high quality managed services and technology to manage, monitor and optimize document intensive processes so companies can improve operating efficiency and performance. Océ Business Services solutions span the document lifecycle and include records management, imaging, managed print services, mail and eDiscovery. Proprietary methodologies apply Six Sigma®. North American headquarters are in New York City and employment is about 5,000. Learn more at www.ocesolutions.com or follow us on Twitter
Océ and Canon: Stronger together
In 2010 Océ joined the Canon Group of companies with headquarters in Tokyo, Japan, to create the global leader in the printing industry. Canon develops, manufactures and markets a growing line-up of copying machines, printers, cameras, optical and other products that meet a diverse range of customer needs. The Canon Group comprises over 198,000 employees worldwide. Global net sales in 2011 totaled USD 45.6 billion. Visit the Canon Inc. website at www.canon.com.
About Canon U.S.A., Inc.
Canon U.S.A., Inc., is a leading provider of consumer, business-to-business, and industrial digital imaging solutions. With approximately $45.6 billion in global revenue, its parent company, Canon Inc. (NYSE: CAJ), ranks third overall in U.S. patents registered in 2011† and is one of Fortune Magazine's World’s Most Admired Companies in 2012. In 2012, for the ninth consecutive year, Canon U.S.A. has received the PCMag.com Readers’ Choice Award for Service and Reliability. Committed to the highest level of customer satisfaction and loyalty, Canon U.S.A. provides 100 percent U.S.-based consumer service and support for all of the products it distributes. Canon U.S.A. is dedicated to its Kyosei philosophy of social and environmental responsibility. To keep apprised of the latest news from Canon U.S.A., sign up for the Company's RSS news feed by visiting www.usa.canon.com/rss.
†Based on weekly patent counts issued by United States Patent and Trademark Office.
All referenced product names, and other marks, are trademarks of their respective owners.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks