|By Business Wire||
|November 5, 2012 09:01 AM EST||
Newvem (www.newvem.com), a leader in providing cloud analytics for Amazon Web Services (AWS) customers, today unveiled the company’s first iOS application. Newvem’s “Cloud Smart Meter” for AWS is a native iPad and iPhone application that enables chief information officers (CIOs) and IT managers to gain clear visibility into their AWS costs and assets while collaborating with their teams and managing their clouds from anywhere and at any time.
With CIOs and IT managers increasingly on-the-go, Newvem’s “Cloud Smart Meter” gives cloud professionals much-needed bottom-line visibility and key performance indicators to manage, collaborate on, and track AWS cloud usage. Together with Newvem Analytics, “Cloud Smart Meter” analyzes AWS cloud usage and reveals insights so that CIOs and IT managers can quickly identify issues such as unexpected trends in costs, operational risks, and inventory as well as act on Newvem‘s recommendations to address these issues.
In addition to offering comprehensive cloud visibility, Newvem’s “Cloud Smart Meter” utilizes native iOS technology to offer a rich experience with powerful features such as enhanced analytics and easy sharing functionality for effective collaboration with team members. Among the key features of the iOS app:
- Visualization of AWS trending costs, operational risks, and assets
- Rich graphics with top-level and drill down views into AWS cloud usage
- Operational risk reports covering spending, security, utilization, and availability
- A powerful sharing tool for easy team collaboration, course correction, and decision making
- Full iPhone and iPad functionality
“Current mobile apps do not take full advantage of the feature-rich iPad and iPhone native environment that can provide a true smart meter experience for AWS users,” says Zev Laderman, co-founder and CEO of Newvem. “Our iPad and iPhone app allows CIOs and IT managers to easily and clearly see how much of their AWS is currently in use and subsequently use only what they need. Ultimately, AWS users win with an intuitive and effective experience that helps them to always have what they want to know at any time and from any place, thus enabling a more profitable, scalable, and efficient cloud.”
Added Ilan Naslavsky, chief technology officer and co-founder of Newvem: “Today, when more and more companies – both small and large – are moving to the cloud, there is increased awareness of the cloud’s costs, utilization, security, and availability on a 24/7 basis. Our iOS application frees AWS management from the desktop and provides a clear analysis of cost trends, and usage improvement opportunities for cloud professionals -- directly from the palm of their hand at any time. ”
Since its launch earlier this year, Newvem has revealed several powerful tools that afford AWS users with improved understanding of their cloud. In September, the company launched Amazon S3 Analytics as part of their Newvem Analytics web application, providing amplified visibility into a user’s Amazon S3 footprint. This summer, Newvem introduced its Reserved Instances Decision Tool, which helps AWS customers improve their AWS procurement decision on exactly which On-Demand Instances should be moved to Reserved Instances and which should be sold on Amazon EC2 Reserved Instances Marketplace.
For more information on or to download Newvem’s “Cloud Smart Meter”, please go to www.newvem.com.
About Newvem. Newvem enables CTOs, IT managers, and DevOps to profit from the cloud by syncing cloud deployment with business performance. Helping AWS users to ensure that their cloud grows with revenues and shrinks with decreasing demand, “Newvem Analytics” analyzes AWS cloud behavior, reveals insights related to costs, assets and risks, and recommends solutions to manage their cloud more efficiently and effectively. It’s free and available as a web and native iOS app.
The company is led by industry professionals and has raised $4M in Series A funding with participation from Greylock Partners, Eric Schmidt’s Innovation Endeavors, and Index Ventures. For more information and to sign up for free, please visit www.newvem.com.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks