|By Marketwired .||
|November 5, 2012 09:00 AM EST||
FREMONT, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 11/05/12 -- AMAX, a leader in High-Performance Computing (HPC) solutions, today announced the immediate availability of its latest, most advanced CPU-based HPC solutions built upon the world's fastest 16-core x86 processor, the AMD (NYSE: AMD) Opteron 6300 series "Piledriver" CPUs. The new server solutions target HPC, Big Data, Cloud, and Datacenter users with large scale-out applications seeking the highest performance and scalability to accelerate, transform and advance scientific discovery and business analytics. Multi-threaded workloads are becoming increasingly popular, but also ever more complex and demanding, and users are challenging AMAX to deliver solutions that provide a rich mix of performance, scalability and efficiency -- precisely what AMAX's ServMax server solutions with AMD Opteron 6300 series processors are engineered for.
AMAX engineers have designed a versatile range of HPC server solutions, optimized for the AMD Opteron 6300 series processors, enabling scientists and researchers to process, analyze and visualize large datasets faster than ever before. The new AMAX ServMax server platforms deliver superior performance and scalability for virtualized server platforms central to private and public cloud deployments, big data systems and high-performance computing (HPC) clusters. Performance per watt is up to 37 percent higher than the prior generation solutions which means datacenters running robust large-scale software systems will be able to enjoy the industry's highest performance as well as the lowest TCO.
"AMD continues to drive HPC performance with the AMD Opteron 6300 series processors through optimizations in compilers and libraries combined with the next-generation core architecture," said Margaret Lewis, director, Server Software Planning, AMD. "AMAX customers will be able to experience the power and performance of the Opteron 6300 through their innovative ServMax platforms, which are for customers looking to strike an ideal balance between performance, scalability, and cost effectiveness."
The new ServMax platforms give HPC, financial and business intelligence workloads an extra boost of computational muscle with AMD Turbo CORE technology, depending on the model, which can digitally boost CPU cores up to 3.8 Ghz, when applications demand it. Technical computing and memory-intensive environments can take advantage of the innovative quad-channel memory controller and 1866Mhz DDR3 memory speeds for outstanding memory throughput. As with all AMAX ServMax servers, platforms are fully customizable for each unique HPC or Enterprise application and designed to suit specific project requirements, from performance and budget, to scalability and power target.
"The AMD Opteron 6300 Series CPUs bring unparalleled efficiency to processing, power and financial budgets, offering capabilities that are essential to today's HPC solution platforms," said James Huang, Product Manager at AMAX. "The updated platform is ideal for customers that want the ability to scale compute capability and performance on demand with massive core density and large-scale memory addressability."
The latest AMAX ServMax servers optimized for the AMD Opteron 6300 series include:
- ServMax HA-14301: The HA-14301 1U, four processor, standard depth server is ideal for high-performance, maximum-density compute deployments. The HA-14301 features up to 64 AMD Opteron 6300 Series processor cores, three 3.5" hot-swap SATA/SAS drive bays, and C1E power management for up to 35% platform power savings than previous generation processors.
- ServMax HA-24301: The HA-24301 2U, four processor, standard depth server features up to 64 AMD Opteron 6300 Series processor cores and additional storage flexibility with onboard 6Gbps SAS/SATA ports, supporting deployments that require faster HDD/SSD cache transfers and RAID functionality.
AMD, AMD Opteron and combinations thereof, are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Other names are for informational purposes only and may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Founded in 1979, AMAX is a trusted leader in Custom Server and Storage Solutions in North America. Headquartered in Fremont, California, AMAX also operates several ISO:9001 certified and UL approved branch offices throughout North America and multiple locations in China servicing the APAC region. AMAX's expertise drives two key divisions that deliver customized computing solutions to a wide range of industries: AMAX's Appliance Manufacturing Division provides, highly customized, efficient and top-of-the-line manufacturing solutions and global logistics to OEM customers while AMAX's Enterprise & High Performance Computing Division provides innovative and scalable custom cluster, server, and storage products developed for HPC, Cloud, Virtualization and Big Data applications.
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2140663
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher