|By Marketwire .||
|November 5, 2012 08:00 AM EST||
SANTA CLARA, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 11/05/12 -- Cloud Expo 2012 -- Symantec Corp. (NASDAQ: SYMC) today announced its vision for safe, agile and efficient clouds. In five years, companies will operate in a converged IT world of cloud, virtualization and mobile computing where clouds are safe. IT organizations will have better visibility, control and compliance across their private and public clouds. To get there, Symantec extends its security, data storage and information management expertise to help companies transition to safe clouds of the future.
Today, the cloud landscape is rapidly changing. A survey conducted by Symantec will be published next week showing that between public, private and hybrid deployments, 23 percent of business information globally is being stored in the cloud.(1) Advanced cyber attacks by governments and crime syndicates will likely target highly profitable data centers and high profile clouds. In the face of these new challenges, organizations of all sizes will need a rigorous cloud approach and industry leading partners to help navigate through the cloud complexities. Symantec understands what companies need and will help them successfully migrate into safe clouds.
"Symantec has proven solutions with industry leading technologies to protect companies, information and people," said Francis deSouza, group president, Enterprise Products and Services, Symantec. "Wherever companies go with clouds, Symantec will provide the protection and control they need across public and private cloud environments."
"Fujitsu and Symantec share a vision where cloud computing provides the competitive advantages, flexibility and protection our global customers need," said Cameron McNaught, senior vice president, Cloud and Strategic Solutions, Fujitsu International Business. "Fujitsu recently completed a global survey of cloud decision makers and found 76 percent of respondents had concerns about cloud security. Symantec and Fujitsu together recognize the current challenges that organizations face when pursuing cloud deployments and together can help them move to the cloud with confidence."
Symantec Vision for Safe Clouds
- Explosion of many interconnected clouds, architectures and cloud-connected devices
The proliferation of cloud-based applications and services will continue to grow as information explodes across IT networks, public and private clouds, mobile devices and other connected endpoints. Companies are shifting to hybrid cloud environments operating in public and private clouds, either hosted on premise or off premise. The cloud complexities increase specifically around protection, data management and control.
- Clouds of the future will be safe, agile and efficient
With safe clouds, companies will transition confidential customer and sensitive business information to the clouds. They will realize the full cloud benefits of increased security, data control and availability while users experience greater productivity and mobile-to-cloud accessibility. In contrast, clouds will deliver improved scalability, affordability and compliance as compared to traditional data centers.
- Clouds will be the new norm
IT will build new clouds and infrastructures from the ground up. Important workloads will shift from on premise to off premise clouds. Companies will reap cloud benefits, cost savings and advanced protection as new business models, new use of technologies and new ways to interact with information become available. As cloud computing advances, a need arises for specialized skills, policies and architectures. Companies will experience new demands around IT risk and compliance, governance, data privacy and regulatory requirements.
Symantec's Role in the New Cloud
To achieve this safe clouds environment, the IT industry needs to enforce rigorous cloud strategies around the protection of policy, information, people and infrastructures. Symantec's comprehensive portfolio provides companies of all sizes a variety of cloud solutions to address their specific needs and current IT environments.
"Staying competitive and servicing our banking customers is a top priority for Citizens Business Bank," said Elsa Zavala, executive vice president and chief information officer, Citizens Business Bank. "We see cloud services as a major advantage for our business, associates, partners, and customers. Symantec provides the expertise, cloud training and integrated safe cloud solutions, leveraging our infrastructures, to deliver on our cloud strategies."
Symantec Cloud Solution Portfolios
Symantec breaks down cloud barriers by providing companies with three cloud solution models to best meet their business needs:
- Businesses extend their IT to leverage third party clouds
- Enterprises build their own clouds
- Companies consume hosted cloud services by cloud service providers
Extend into Clouds Safely
For businesses extending their IT investments to private and public clouds for cloud applications, storage and virtualized environments, Symantec enables organizations to achieve increased protection, visibility and control of their information. This improved information management provides better insight and audit reporting to efficiently meet compliance and data privacy requirements.
- New: Symantec File Share Encryption, Powered by PGP Technology, expected availability first half of 2013
- Symantec O3 secure cloud access control point
Build Efficient and Available Private and Public Clouds
As Symantec envisions a future world of safe clouds, enterprises today seek the powerful combination of agility and efficiency, promised from cloud computing, with the visibility and control inherent to the data center. Leveraging enterprises current IT investments, Symantec helps organizations accelerate virtualization and build highly protected and compliant clouds for safe, available and resilient clouds.
- New: Symantec Protection Engine for Cloud Service Providers
- Virtual Business Services is a feature of Veritas Cluster Server to ensure multi-tier applications meet the increasing service levels IT organizations are required to deliver.
Consume Clouds Safely
Businesses of all sizes are increasingly migrating to hosted cloud service providers for the competitive advantages that enable them to avoid expensive and complicated IT build outs and to realize improved cost-savings, IT efficiencies, scalability and market agility. Symantec partners with businesses to achieve their cloud strategies and protect the information and people integral to their business, through our current integrated services:
- New: Symantec Endpoint Protection Small Business Edition 2013 (available now in select countries)
- Symantec.cloud services including Email, Web and IM security, archiving and continuity
New Cloud Programs for Companies and Service Providers
As clouds become more complex, companies will need to expand their IT expertise in order to execute cloud policies and architectures. Symantec introduces two new cloud training programs.
- New: Symantec Cloud Security Essentials Training Program
- New: Symantec CloudSmart for Service Providers
For more information on the full line of new Symantec cloud-enabled solutions, services and programs, go to the Symantec Cloud website at: www.symantec.com/cloud.
- Gartner Research
"The industry recognizes that protection and information management technologies found in traditional IT are accelerating cloud advancements. Companies are looking for secure private and public clouds that ensure their data and people are protected," according to David Mitchell Smith, vice president & Gartner Fellow at Gartner Research.
Read more detailed blog posts:
- Vision for a Cloud-Centric World
- Symantec Many Clouds, Safe Clouds, How to Get There
- Symantec and Partners: Helping Businesses Achieve Safe Clouds
- Symantec O3: Single Sign-on for Safe Clouds Adoption
- Symantec Encryption for a Mobile World
- Securing Cloud Storage: Balancing the Need to Share and Protect Data
- Symantec Endpoint Protection Small Business Edition 2013, Threats Stop Business - We Stop Threats
- Foundation of Clouds Built on Symantec SSL Security
- Symantec Cloud Solutions Overview (PDF)
- Press Kit: Symantec Cloud Vision
- SlideShare: Symantec Envisions Future Clouds as Safe Clouds
- Symantec Cloud Solutions Website
- Video: Symantec Secures Clouds
- Video: Symantec Keeps Clouds Available
- Video: Symantec File Share Encryption Demo
- Podcast: Symantec's Cloud Vision
- Symantec Cloud Security Essentials Training
- Symantec CloudSmart for Service Providers
Connect with Symantec
- Follow Symantec on Twitter
- Join Symantec on Facebook
- View Symantec's SlideShare Channel
- Subscribe to Symantec News RSS Feed
- Visit Symantec Connect Business Community
Symantec protects the world's information, and is a global leader in security, backup and availability solutions. Our innovative products and services protect people and information in any environment -- from the smallest mobile device, to the enterprise data center, to cloud-based systems. Our world-renowned expertise in protecting data, identities and interactions gives our customers confidence in a connected world. More information is available at www.symantec.com or by connecting with Symantec at: go.symantec.com/socialmedia.
NOTE TO EDITORS: If you would like additional information on Symantec Corporation and its products, please visit the Symantec News Room at http://www.symantec.com/news. All prices noted are in U.S. dollars and are valid only in the United States.
Symantec and the Symantec Logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Symantec Corporation or its affiliates in the U.S. and other countries. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
FORWARD-LOOKING STATEMENTS: Any forward-looking indication of plans for products is preliminary and all future release dates are tentative and are subject to change. Any future release of the product or planned modifications to product capability, functionality, or feature are subject to ongoing evaluation by Symantec, and may or may not be implemented and should not be considered firm commitments by Symantec and should not be relied upon in making purchasing decisions.
Symantec, cloud computing, security, information protection, cloud infrastructure, storage, data center
(1) Symantec 2012 State of Information Report: Digital Information Index, full report available on November 13, 2012
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks