|By Business Wire||
|November 5, 2012 06:29 AM EST||
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/hzqgg7/united_kingdom) has announced the addition of the "United Kingdom Telecommunications Report Q4 2012" report to their offering.
The United Kingdom Telecommunications Report provides industry professionals and strategists, corporate analysts, telecommunication associations, government departments and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on United Kingdom's telecommunications industry.
While it lags behind its regional peers in terms of mobile penetration, the UK mobile market is one of the more advanced in the Western European region in terms of 3G, with 52.4% of mobile subscribers using the technology. It also has the second highest data ARPU in the region as a result (out of the seven markets which provide data). Blended ARPU is also above the regional average, although 5-year CAGR is low, given the maturity of the market. Further, decreasing MTRs are having a negative effect on revenues.
- In the second quarter of 2012, the UK mobile market lost 102,000 subscribers. Net gains of 685,000 in postpaid subscribers were counteracted by the 787,000 losses from the prepaid sector.
- The five main fixed-line operators reported consolidated subscriber losses of 102,000 in Q212.
BT was the biggest loser with 316,000 lines lost. Growth from Sky and O2 counteracted this.
- In the broadband sector, the five largest operators added 192,000 subscribers in Q212. Losses from TalkTalk and O2 were counteraced by fast growth in subscribers for BT and Sky, which added 85,000 and 138,000 respectively.
- Everything Everywhere
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/hzqgg7/united_kingdom
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks