|By PR Newswire||
|November 5, 2012 01:02 AM EST||
HELSINKI, November 5, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
MediSapiens Ltd, a Finnish company developing web-based data applications for the pharmaceutical industry, today announced that Bayer HealthCare Pharmaceuticals has purchased a new software solution developed by MediSapiens. The software, called OncoGenomics Explorer will provide Bayer HealthCare Pharmaceuticals with a centralized access to unified global genomics data for utilization across the entire research organization from target discovery to drug repositioning.
"Big Data, a term invented for a collection of data sets so large and complex that it becomes difficult to process using on-hand database management tools is quickly becoming increasingly important in pharmaceutical research. Until now, the lack of software tools that can be adapted to various research environments has limited the full-scale use of this enormous reservoir of available data. OncoGenomics Explorer is our answer to this demand," says Tommi Pisto, CEO of MediSapiens Ltd.
MediSapiens is a bioinformatics company developing inspiring web applications for genomics researchers, pharmaceutical industry and personalized medicine. MediSapiens has unique know-how in developing software solutions for integration of both molecular and clinical data from preclinical models to interpreting comprehensive molecular profiles of individual cancer patients in clinical settings. Based on the world's largest unified gene expression database, MediSapiens platform extends into highly tailored solutions to meet the exact needs of various demanding research environments.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks