|By PR Newswire||
|November 4, 2012 11:20 PM EST||
BOSTON, Nov. 5, 2012 /PRNewswire-iReach/ -- Flash mobs will take place in multiple cities this weekend in a public display of support for the re-election of President Barack Obama. In the final days before the election, hundreds of dancers, young and old, are coming together on Saturday, November 3rd to build excitement about voting in the presidential election. NYC dancers will volunteer in relief efforts following the flash mob and dancers in other cities will be participating in local Get Out the Vote efforts. Participants will continue to dance and volunteer as part of the National Dance for Obama community until election day.
Participating cities include Atlanta (GA), Boston (MA), Chicago (IL), Denver (CO), North Conway (NH), Newark (NJ), New York City (NY), and Mumbai/Pune, India.
Scheduled events and locations for select cities include:
- Boston, MA: 1 p.m. EST (Faneuil Hall Marketplace)
- Chicago, IL: 1 p.m. CST (Millennium Park, The Bean)
- North Conway, NH: 12 p.m. EST (Holderness School)
- New York, NY: 3 p.m. EST (Times Square - Broadway Plaza between 43rd and 44th Streets) and 3 p.m. EST (Greeley Square Park - 33rd and Broadway) -- Two Simultaneous Flash Mobs
- Mumbai, India: 4 p.m. (Local time), November 4th (Bandstand, Bandra)
National Dance for Obama is a grassroots effort, completely independent of the Obama campaign, and was conceived of by Anjali Khurana, a dance choreographer from Boston. The initiative is being launched and led by a team of artists and Obama supporters from across the U.S.The dance choreography, which varies by state, is set to a piece of music created for the Dance for Obama event by LA-based music producer Marcus Bellringer. The song incorporates audio clips of Obama's motivational statements (link: http://bellringer.bandcamp.<wbr />com/track/forward-obama-ft-<wbr />bellringer).
To view this video on YouTube, please visit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VScc5Mn0uY&feature=plcp
SOURCE National Dance for Obama
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?