|By PR Newswire||
|November 4, 2012 11:30 AM EST||
PITTSBURGH, Nov. 4, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Multi-format food and fuel retailer Giant Eagle, Inc. is launching its first Good Cents Grocery + More store on Sunday, November 4, at 7215 McKnight Road in Pittsburgh's North Hills, bringing a uniquely fresh approach to value-priced grocery shopping in Pittsburgh.
Providing extremely low prices on produce, deli, meat, cheese and grocery items, the Pittsburgh-based company's 46,000 square-foot store will feature a 3,800 square-foot produce section offering more than 230 conventional and organic produce items, a cheese department with more than 60 specialty items, a full-service deli and a fully-stocked meat department featuring meat cut and ground fresh in-store.
The new Good Cents Grocery + More will also offer groceries with a popular mix of name brand national and regional brands alongside Food Club and Valu Time store brands.
"This is the format people have been waiting for," said Good Cents Senior Vice President John Tedesco. "Think of it as the missing link between discount stores and supermarkets.
"Good Cents reflects the real fresh, not real fancy experience for customers who know how to recognize a great deal on high quality products," Tedesco added. "Good Cents comes to Pittsburgh at the perfect time, as families continue to struggle through a sluggish economy and rising food and commodity costs."
Spending Less Makes Cents
Good Cents Grocery + More will open with cent-sationally low everyday prices on items such as:
- Bananas, $0.28 per pound
- Russet potatoes, 10 pound bag, $1.99 each
- Granny Smith or Gala Apples, $0.88 per pound
- Iceberg lettuce, $0.79 each
- Fresh 80% ground chuck (ground fresh in-store), $2.29 per pound
- Whole boneless center cut pork loin, $1.67 per pound
- Fresh chicken drumsticks or thighs value pack, $0.67 per pound
- Boneless pork country style ribs value pack, $2.99 per pound
- American cheese, $2.49 per pound
- Chopped ham, $1.99 per pound
- Hot pepper loaf, $2.49 per pound
- Riverside oven prepared turkey breast, $2.99 per pound
- Kellogg's cereals, assorted varieties, $1.99 each
- Maxwell House Wake-Up Roast Coffee, 30.65 ounce can, $5.99 each
- Progresso soup, assorted varieties, 19 ounce can, $0.79
- Charmin bath tissue, 9 big rolls, $4.29 per pack
"While today's shoppers are certainly looking to stretch their food budgets through affordable-priced shopping, they shouldn't have to sacrifice quality and freshness," said Tedesco. "Our unique Good Cents format offers customers outstanding fresh produce, meat, deli and cheese items at prices that make 'cents.'"
The store will celebrate its opening on Sunday with a ribbon cutting at 8 a.m. and donations made to the Ross Township Police Department, Berkeley Hills Fire Company and North Hills Community Outreach. The McKnight Road Good Cents will employ 100 Team Members and will offer more than 7,000 items. Store hours are daily from 7 a.m. to 11 p.m. Good Cents Grocery + More accepts all major credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover), as well as cash, debit cards, EBT and WIC. The store also accepts manufacturer coupons.
To keep prices low, Good Cents focuses on lower operating costs, without compromising quality or a clean and safe shopping environment. To that end, Good Cents does not accept checks as a form of tender, and also encourages customers to bring their own traditional and reusable bags. Customers may also purchase grocery bags for a nominal fee.
About Good Cents Grocery + More
Good Cents Grocery + More is a customer- and value-focused grocery store with the mission of providing quality foods at cent-sationally low prices. The store offers a mix of popular national and regional brands alongside store brands such as Valu Time and Food Club, along with departments featuring cheese, deli, meat and a wide selection of conventional and organic produce. Good Cents customers enjoy thousands of quality grocery items in a safe and clean shopping environment where they do not have to sacrifice conveniences such as access to shopping carts without a required deposit, the opportunity to redeem manufacturer coupons or the ability to pay with a major credit card.
SOURCE Giant Eagle, Inc.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher