|By PR Newswire||
|November 3, 2012 10:00 AM EDT||
MARINA DEL REY, Calif., Nov 3, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Free mobile communications app textPlus has announced a donation of 10 million in-app minutes to help victims of Hurricane Sandy. The minutes can be used to call loved ones across the country for free from Apple and Android smartphones and connected devices including iPod touch, iPad and tablets. textPlus can be used over WiFi even when cell phone service isn't working.
New and existing textPlus users can download the minutes by doing the following:
- Apple users: Click "Buy or Earn Minutes" within the app. From there, click "Complete Offer" to bring up the option to download five free minutes.
- Android users: Click "Get More Minutes" within the app. From there, click "View Offers" to bring up the option to download five free minutes.
Minutes will only be used toward calls to non-textPlus users. Calls and text messages to other textPlus users in the US are always free.
"We are all in shock at the widespread devastation caused by Hurricane Sandy," said Scott Lahman, Founder and CEO of textPlus. "It's our sincere hope that we can help people affected by this storm get connected with loved ones during this difficult time."
textPlus is a leading mobile communications service that lets anyone text, talk and share for free or cheaply. We offer unparalleled choice, savings, and reliability to consumers globally for a better phone experience. Our open network connects over 110 million people worldwide through a chart-leading app available for iOS, Android and Windows smartphones and devices including iPod touch and tablets. textPlus is headquartered in Marina del Rey and backed by leading investors Kleiner Perkins Caufield and Byers, Matrix Partners, GRP Partners and The Raine Group. Learn more at www.textplus.com.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks
- MAX 2006: Tracks Announced
- BT's "Fixed-Mobile" Phone Gives Callers the Best of Both Worlds
- MetaSolv to Host Provisioning Symposium in London