|By Elizabeth White||
|November 4, 2012 10:00 AM EST||
Alistair Farquharson, CTO of SOA Software, a provider of Enterprise API Management and SOA Governance solutions, will be delivering a presentation on Best Practices of API Management at the 11th Cloud Expo at the Santa Clara Convention Center [Nov 5-8]. Farquharson's session will focus on ways that IT departments can support business objectives through APIs that open access to core information systems to external developers.
Application Programmer Interfaces (APIs) expose enterprise systems to developers, including distributed, unknown third parties that create apps such as those that work on mobile devices. The goal of enterprise API management is to enable the business to realize success from APIs without inadvertently creating security and system management problems or running up unsustainable costs.
Farquharson's session, Best Practices of API Management, draws on his extensive experience at SOA Software working with large organizations to manage their APIs. The presentation will apply lessons learned from running an SOA, including:
How effective management of enterprise APIs actually begins at the design and build stages of the API life cycle:
- Planning the API
- Designing the API
- Building the API
- Sharing the API
How to focus on key areas of concern for APIs:
- Policy definition and enforcement
- Quality of Service (QoS)
Enabling the API Economy Enterprises are increasingly making business applications available as APIs in order to drive business growth and expose new revenue and partnership opportunities, and ultimately to improve business effectiveness. Open APIs allow external developers to build applications that leverage core business capabilities. Enterprise APIs are offered to a more limited group to enable more demanding and subtle B2B or B2E (employee) applications. Both enterprise and open APIs are typically built on a foundation of enterprise SOA services. As such, they require robust governance.
SOA Software Speakers Sessions at Cloud Expo
Alistair Farquharson, CTO:
- Monday, November 5 - Best Practices of API Management 4:25PM - Tech Session/M2 in Mission City Ballroom 6:00PM - Vendor Presentation/Ballroom A-H - General Session Room
- Wednesday, November 7 - What is the Cloud Computing Technical State of the Union? 6:50PM - CTO Power Panel | Ballroom A-H - General session room
Ian Goldsmith, VP, Product Management:
- Tuesday, November 6 - Socially Connecting App Developers with APIs 11:50PM - Cloud Expo Demo Theater
- Tuesday, November 6 - How Does My Enterprise API Platform Differ From Facebook, Twitter and Netflix? 2:10PM - Track 8 - Winchester/Stevens Creek Room
Cloud Expo Silicon Valley is being held November 5-8, 2012, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
About SOA Software
SOA Software is a leading provider of Enterprise API Management and SOA governance products that enable organizations to plan, build, and run enterprise services and open APIs. Some of the world's largest companies including Bank of America, Pfizer, and Verizon use SOA Software to harness the power of their technology and transform their businesses. Gartner placed SOA Software in the Leaders Quadrant for the 2011 "Magic Quadrant for SOA Governance Technologies." The company is also recognized as a "Leader" by the Forrester Research Waves for Integrated SOA Governance, SOA Management, and SOA Life Cycle Management. For more information, please visit http://www.soa.com .
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher