|By Jeremy Geelan||
|October 22, 2012 07:00 AM EDT||
With Cloud Expo 2012 Silicon Valley (11th Cloud Expo) due to open in two weeks' time at the Santa Clara Convention Center, CA - co-located with 2nd International BigDataExpo - let's introduce you in greater detail to the distinguished individuals in our incredible Speaker Faculty for the technical program at the West Coast conference...
We have technical and strategy sessions for you dealing with every nook and cranny of Cloud Computing & Big Data, but what of those who are presenting? Who are they, where do they work, what else have they written and/or said about the Cloud and/or Big Data solutions that are transforming the world of Enterprise IT?
CLOUD EXPO SPEAKER NAME: Jonathan Bryce
ORGANIZATION: OpenStack Foundation
11TH CLOUD EXPO OPENING KEYNOTE TITLE: Open Cloud – Place Your Bets!
SESSION DESCRIPTION: http://cloudcomputing.sys-con.com/node/2390979
BRIEF BIOGRAPHY: Jonathan Bryce, who has spent his career building the cloud, is Executive Director of the OpenStack Foundation. Previously he was a founder of The Rackspace Cloud.
He started his career working as a web developer for Rackspace, and during his tenure, he and co-worker Todd Morey had a vision to build a sophisticated web hosting environment where users and businesses alike could turn to design, develop and deploy their ideal web site – all without being responsible for procuring the technology, installing it or making sure it is built to be always available. This vision became The Rackspace Cloud. Since then he has been a major driver of OpenStack, the open source cloud software initiative.
RECENT CLOUD COMPUTING QUOTE:
"Open cloud is more than software. Open environments and ecosystems create incredible opportunities for users and businesses to push technology forward. OpenStack is open source software for building clouds. Designed to be pluggable and extensible,
OpenStack allows you to choose from a variety of commodity or enterprise hardware, tools and management options depending on your use case."
[From CloudOpen 2012 site]
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks