|By Pat Romanski||
|October 16, 2012 06:00 AM EDT||
The move to cloud-based applications has undeniably delivered tremendous benefits. However, the associated distribution creates various challenges from the quality perspective:
- End-to-end tests need to pass through multiple dependent systems, which are commonly unavailable, evolving, or difficult-to-access for testing.
- Accessing such system often involves transaction and bandwidth fees.
- Teams need to test and tune the system under test against a realistic and broad range of performance and behavior conditions - yet such conditions are often difficult to achieve in a test environment.
In his session at the 11th International Cloud Expo, Wayne Ariola, Vice President of Strategy and Corporate Development at Parasoft, will explore how to teams can use service virtualization to overcome the access constraints that delay and limit the testing of cloud applications. Delegates will:
- Discover how the escalating number and complexity of dependencies impacts QA efforts (STP-exclusive results from our recent study).
- Learn how service virtualization reduces the configuration time, hardware overhead, and data management efforts involved resolving dependencies for dev/test purposes.
- Weigh the pros and cons of different ways to resolve dependencies (staged test labs, server virtualization, service virtualization, stubs) to see which is best suited for a particular situation.
Wayne Ariola is Vice President of Strategy and Corporate Development at Parasoft, a leading provider of integrated software development management, quality lifecycle management, and dev/test environment management solutions. He leverages customer input and fosters partnerships with industry leaders to ensure that Parasoft solutions continuously evolve to support the ever-changing complexities of real-world business processes and systems. Ariola has more than 15 years of strategic consulting experience within the technology and software development industries. He holds a BA from the University of California at Santa Barbara and an MBA from Indiana University.
A Rock Star Faculty, Top Keynotes, Sessions, and Top Delegates!
Cloud Expo 2012 Silicon Valley, November 5-8, 2012, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading Cloud industry players in the world.
The growth and success of Cloud Computing will be on display at the upcoming Cloud Expo conference and exhibition in Santa Clara, CA, November 5-8, 2012.
The recent Cloud Expo at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, was the largest Cloud Computing conference ever produced with more sponsors, exhibitors and delegates than all other Cloud events of the year combined!
Cloud Expo Silicon Valley will attract more than 10,000 delegates from 48 countries and over 200 sponsors and exhibitors!
All main layers of the Cloud ecosystem will be represented at the 10th International Cloud Expo - the infrastructure players, the platform providers, and those offering applications, and they'll all be here to speak, sponsor, exhibit and network.
"Cloud Expo was announced on February 24, 2007, the day the term ‘cloud computing' was coined," said Fuat Kircaali, founder and chairman of SYS-CON Events, Inc. "Cloud has become synonymous with ‘computing' and ‘software' in two short years, and this event has become the new PC Expo, Comdex, and InternetWorld of our decade. By 2012, more than 50,000 delegates per year will be attending Cloud Expo."
for Cloud Expo Silicon Valley
Cloud Expo 2012 Silicon Valley "show prospectus" has shipped. Sponsorship, exhibit, and keynote opportunities can be obtained from Carmen Gonzalez by email at events (at) sys-con.com, or by phone 201 802-3021.
About SYS-CON Media & Events
SYS-CON Media (www.sys-con.com) has since 1994 been connecting technology companies and customers through a comprehensive content stream at www.sys-con.com - featuring over forty focused subject areas, from Cloud Computing to Web Security - interwoven with market-leading full-scale conferences produced by SYS-CON Events. The company's internationally recognized brands include among others Cloud Computing Expo (www.CloudComputingExpo.com), Big Data Expo (http://BigDataExpo.net), Virtualization Conference & Expo (www.VirtualizationConference.com), Government IT Conference & Expo (www.GovITExpo.com), Cloud Computing Bootcamp (www.CloudComputingBootcamp.com), and UlitzerLive! New Media Conference & Expo (http://events.sys-con.com).
Cloud Expo, Cloud Expo East, Cloud Expo West, Cloud Expo New York, Cloud Expo Silicon Valley, Cloud Expo Europe, Cloud Expo Tokyo, Cloud Expo Prague, Cloud Expo Hong Kong, Cloud Expo Sao Paolo are trademarks and /or registered trademarks (USPTO serial number 85009040) of Cloud Expo, Inc.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher