|By Jeremy Geelan||
|October 27, 2012 10:15 AM EDT||
With Cloud Expo 2012 Silicon Valley (11th Cloud Expo) due to open November 5th at the Santa Clara Convention Center, CA - co-located with 2nd International BigDataExpo - let's introduce you in greater detail to the distinguished individuals in our incredible Speaker Faculty for the technical program at the West Coast conference...
We have technical and strategy sessions for you dealing with every nook and cranny of Cloud Computing & Big Data, but what of those who are presenting? Who are they, where do they work, what else have they written and/or said about the Cloud and/or Big Data solutions that are transforming the world of Enterprise IT?
CLOUD EXPO SPEAKER NAME: James Weir
11TH CLOUD EXPO SESSION TITLE: Empowering Your Software Ecosystem with an Application Marketplace
SESSION DESCRIPTION: http://cloudcomputing.sys-con.com/node/2379751
BRIEF BIOGRAPHY: James Weir is CTO and Co-Founder of UShareSoft, responsible for the company's technology vision, strategy and activities. Weir is actively engaged with the business development and growth of UShareSoft, working hand-in-hand with strategic and technology partners. He has over 13 years experience in operating systems and middleware, specializing in SaaS platforms, cloud computing and virtualization.
Prior to co-founding UShareSoft, Weir held several software development positions at Sun Microsystems and GEC Marconi. He holds a 1st Class Honors degree from Heriot-Watt University in Scotland, where he received numerous engineering awards.
RECENT CLOUD COMPUTING QUOTE:
"UShareSoft delivers a software appliance factory, formally named UForge that provides a simple to use platform to create high quality business ready software appliances. UShareSoft automates the processes of software appliance creation and deployment. Our mission is to make it easy for individual developers, communities, and professionals to deliver their software into easy to use physical, virtual and cloud images. UForge is available either as a SaaS platform or on-site editions.
Furthermore UShareSoft provides a unique framework, Open Appliance Studio, allowing you to seamlessly deploy complex multi-tier solutions completely automatically in virtual and cloud environments. These multi-node virtual solution appliances, known as Elastic Appliances, includes all the components of a multi-tier infrastructure software solution stack bundled as a single virtual appliance. An Elastic Appliance can help you to reduce your deployment time on virtualized or cloud computing environment by up to 10 fold."
[From UShareSoft's mission statement]
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks
- MAX 2006: Tracks Announced
- BT's "Fixed-Mobile" Phone Gives Callers the Best of Both Worlds
- MetaSolv to Host Provisioning Symposium in London