|By Jeremy Geelan||
|October 19, 2012 12:15 AM EDT||
With Cloud Expo 2012 Silicon Valley (11th Cloud Expo) due to open in just under three weeks' time at the Santa Clara Convention Center, CA - co-located with 2nd International BigDataExpo - let's introduce you in greater detail to the distinguished individuals in our incredible Speaker Faculty for the technical program at the West Coast conference...
We have technical and strategy sessions for you dealing with every nook and cranny of Cloud Computing & Big Data, but what of those who are presenting? Who are they, where do they work, what else have they written and/or said about the Cloud and/or Big Data solutions that are transforming the world of Enterprise IT?
CLOUD EXPO SPEAKER NAME: GeorgeGerchow
11TH CLOUD EXPO SESSION TITLE: Zero Touch Compliance for Cloud Platforms
SESSION DESCRIPTION: http://cloudcomputing.sys-con.com/node/2363952
BRIEF BIOGRAPHY: As Director of the Center for Policy & Compliance at VMware, George Gerchow brings 16 years of IT and Systems Management expertise to the application of IT processes and disciplines that impact the security, compliance and operational status of complex, heterogeneous, virtual & cloud computing environments.
Gerchow's practical experience and insight from managing the infrastructures of some of the world's largest corporate and government institutions makes him a highly regarded speaker and invited panelist on topics including Virtualization, ITSM\ITIL, configuration management, operational and security compliance. He holds ITIL, CISSP, Cisco and Microsoft Certifications.
BLOG: Regular contributor to VMware's Security & Compliance Blog: www.blogs.vmware.com/security/
RECENT CLOUD COMPUTING QUOTE:
"It is my opinion that most people are not up to speed on Virtualization Security and Compliance Solutions.
If you can prove that the systems in a mixed mode are not communicating, you should be golden. If your QSA does not agree, it might be time to get a new QSA. Jkjkjkjkj, not really but...
Click here to see what we talked about at VMworld. I was misquoted in this article, Computer World and several others. (I NEVER said QSA’s were ten years behind ;-) ) Seriously, I have some good friends that are QSA’s and they will also be tracking this blog to help answer questions. BTW: This got heated at VMworld during our trusted cloud session."
[from George's VMware blog]
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks